The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ETMMM Vol 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
I know this should probably be in the 'review' section, but I think it should also be here for those 'new' to magic. I have just finished watching vol 1 of Michael Ammar's 'easy to master money miracles' and I must say that for being Vol 1, it's more advanced than it should be for someone new to magic. Personally I don't think he explains the sleights well at all. I think his 'complete introduction to coin magic' would be a much better starting point. I do have a question though. How does Roth's 'expert coin magic vol 1' compare?
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I've no comment on the Ammar dvds
however I do think that the Roth series does start at a beginners level.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
The title" easy to master" is misleading. They are classic effects, some with saimplified handling, but you need to have some basic card handling skills. Try Daryl's DVD's and come back to the Ammar series.
~Joe
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
523 Posts

Profile of travisb
Ammar's ETMMM vol.1 is definitely not the place to go if you're a total beginner. Roth's tape is, in my opinion, the best of the beginner tapes (although I haven't seen David Stone's). He teaches the basic sleights very well, and the routines are simple but very strong. Why Hanging Coins and the "dollar bill pinned to your back" trick are on a tape that beginners might buy is beyond me.

-Travis
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
David Stone's DVD vol 1 is also a good choice for beginner, in my own opinion. Yet, his vol 2 is far more advanced than a beginner can try at first.

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2005-04-04 17:28, Joe Mauro wrote:
The title" easy to master" is misleading. They are classic effects, some with saimplified handling, but you need to have some basic card handling skills. Try Daryl's DVD's and come back to the Ammar series.

It's always a good idea to have some basic card handling skills, when learning tricks from Easy to Master Money Miracles. You never know when you're going to need to cut, shuffle, or bottom deal some 50-cent coins.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
I think so..its not for total begginers..i have just bought my first Michael Ammars card miracles video and some of it is very difficult..i suggest you get a good book and get the basics..when you watch his videos you will learn even faster..try the book and video combination.it helped me.
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
Practise, practise, practise, I know it sounds boring but that's the way
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » ETMMM Vol 1 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL