The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ALDO COLOMBINI'S FIREWORKS DVD Just released (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Meir Yedid has released Aldo's DVD based on his booklet FIREWORKS. I have the booklet, but there are a couple of moves I'd like to see him do.
http://www.mymagic.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
he most popular card routine used by professionals to get audiences involved is a multiple selection and revelation routine. On this DVD Aldo Colombini tips all the work for his version of this classic plot where twelve audience members select cards and you find them using flashy and impossible revelations.

The impromptu routine can be used as part of a show or an entire act. What makes Aldo's version exceptional is his method of controlling the cards. The card control is by far the best, easiest and most direct method ever created. The routine is also structured to allow you to easily adjust for additional or fewer cards depending on the size of your audience.

The revelations of the cards create an explosion of magic that audiences go crazy for. It gives the impression of high skill and advanced sleight-of-hand.
~Joe
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I bought Aldo's dvd at his lecture and I agree his method of controlling the cards is great.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I saw Aldo do this last week, and the routine is awesome. The control is super simple and very innocent looking. The revelations are all good - some are standards, some are very clever. the last revelation uses a Doug Edwards idea involving a rubber banded deck. It's really good!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Isn't this routine on "Lasting impressions" video set?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
It sounds like the one which is on Volume 1 of Lasting Impressions.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
The routine in "Lasting impressions Vol 1" is called Seventh Floor which uses 7 selection of cards. However, Firework uses 12 selection of card.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Awsome routine. So easy. I love Aldo.
Cheers,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
TanMai
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of TanMai
Quote:
On 2005-04-06 22:46, samuelchong wrote:
The routine in "Lasting impressions Vol 1" is called Seventh Floor which uses 7 selection of cards. However, Firework uses 12 selection of card.

Sure, but is the control the same? Do we find the same 7 revelations in his 12 selection routine?
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Some you can and some you can't. Check out this http://mymagic.com/colombini.htm
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
I enjoyed watching the demo video. This is a good routine. I'm not sure a 35 minute DVD warrants the price tag, though, especially when you can get a similar routine from the Lasting Impressions video which is cheap and includes other effects (like Pre-Deck Ability).
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I didn't think '7th floor" was very strong ( a saying Mr. Colombini uses ). The demo o n this new DVD looks the same. Mr. Michael Skinner has a 10 card revelation he teaches on his A1 series of tapes that is quite magical. I'll stay using that one.
~Joe
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 13:21, Danny Diamond wrote:
I saw Aldo do this last week, and the routine is awesome. The control is super simple and very innocent looking. The revelations are all good - some are standards, some are very clever. the last revelation uses a Doug Edwards idea involving a rubber banded deck. It's really good!

I was there and totally agree!
I thought aldo kicked a** with this routine.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I saw him do it last week in Edison new jersey, and he floored everyone. It was great and the final revelation both the cascade and the traped deck were unreal and when you see how simple it is, Wow this routine is now forveverin my act. I even did it last night at a club and got all kinds if people o knew and strangers around involved and it absolutly killed. Great job on aldo.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just watched this again last night and today. After working on Paul Cummins' control and a couple of others, I can see why "The Multiple Revelation Project" was based so heavily on Aldo's routine. It just looks smooth, natural, with everything seeming as it should. He credits J.K. Hartman with the idea for the control, but then manages to work it into a great routine with plenty of sweet revelations. Even though the DVD is only 35 minutes, it pretty much covers everything you need to know to master an impressive multiple card routine in very little time.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
This is a great routine. If you are into multiple selection/revelation routines then this very hard to top, especially when you see how easy (technically speaking) the routine is to perform. I also like Grand Prix from The Essential Aldo Colombini (L&L). If you combined these two, you would have an entire card act that is pretty easy yet could make you look like one of the best with cards. Aldo comes up with some great material.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Thinking about Mr. Colombini tonight and what a loss it was when he left us. Very fortunate to have been able to see him at a small SAM gathering the year before he passed. He and his wife were so full of energy, kindness and humor, and they both delivered some really, really strong magic. Working on the Fireworks routine again this week. For anyone who hasn't looked into it yet, do yourself a favor and get both the DVD and the booklet. This is a routine worth learning, and one you can use for the rest of your life. Aldo's control, IMO, is way better than those that rely on sleights such as the s**e s***l. It is completely natural, quick, deceptive, easy to do while talking, and betrays no indication that anything is happening. Aldo covers some nice revelations in both the booklet and DVD, my favorite of which is the card cascade that's included as an "alternate ending" in the booklet, but there are plenty others out there that can be used as well. Colombini left a huge legacy in his too short time on earth, and this DVD and the original booklet are among the best.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Had him lecture twice in my shop in the 90"s. A truly nice guy. Funny and an excellent magician.
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
He really was a fantastic human. We really have lost some of the nice guys now, Aldo, Daryl and Eugene.
micromega123
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of micromega123
I've been practicing this wonderful routine based on Aldo's booklet. With regard to the final rubber band revelation is the intention to have this performed as silently as possible or is it okay if there is some noise from the rubber bands while the deck is behind your back? I am finding it extremely difficult to execute without at least some noise from the rubber bands.
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
Some noise is OK but remember when you're practicing you are probably alone in a quiet room so the sound is magnified because it's all you can hear. In performance you are most likely in a crowded room and even if you snap the band on the deck no one is going to hear it anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ALDO COLOMBINI'S FIREWORKS DVD Just released (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL