The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Whit,
That was exactly what I was getting at. I was just waiting for their answer and you beat me to it.

And no Gary, three card monte doesn't use gaffed cards either. Not the real one anyway.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I like the disappearing deck. Okay, it's a gaf but it really plays strong. Show them a card, place it in the card case as the top card, put the card case in a case holder, a click of the fingers and the whole deck has disappeared.

The audience is expecting a card trick and instead the get a trick with cards.

Retrieve a real deck with the same top card. Now the that disappeared has reappeared and you have a whole deck of cards to do any other routines.

This is easy, portable, and really established that you are indeed a magician. Now they watch with great attention to all your other card tricks.
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
Well, I have a 3 card monte routine that uses two gaffed cards. Maybe it's a different one from your version. Sorry man.

Gary
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
Gallaleo
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
42 Posts

Profile of Gallaleo
Quote:
On 2005-04-07 19:20, whithaydn wrote:
Gary, weapon, Damien, and others:

"Two-Card Monte" is a trick involving two gaffed cards, a double face and a double back. It was invented by Deland over half a century ago.

I think you guys are confusing Eddie Fechter's "Be Honest, What is It?" (which is the trick that David Blaine did on television: "This is one I like to do for those three-card monte guys...") with the name of this old trick using gaffed cards called "Two-Card Monte."

This is a very common mistake of beginning magicians on this board. There are many threads discussing this matter, and hopefully one of them will be made a sticky at the top of this forum section.

Just do a search for Eddie Fechter's "Be Honest" and you will find the information you need.

You just became my new hero, Smile I couldn't have explained it better myself. If I would have tried.... well who knows what would have happend.
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Pyro perception is HOT - no pun intended. I also perform an effect where a coin is rubbed in my palm and vanishes - completely and very clean! Nano seconds later as I'm pounding on my chest, I cough the coin up - can be done impromtu. The vanish I utilize is called "REVOLUTION" refined by Kevin Parker. The vanish, I think is way better that MELT and can be utilized to change small objects as well. I also use this vanish in my routine for "Arch Angel" that can be found at The Enchantment website.

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
n0x
View Profile
New user
Germany
26 Posts

Profile of n0x
Small ambitious card routine, ending with the spectators card flying around (hummer card) and giving him that card at the end as a present :o
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Another card effect I perform and have been getting great reactions with is one thatc consists of a spectator cuts the deck. Takes a peek at the card (they cut to)and then leaves the deck squared (face down). When the spectator flips the deck over they sift through the cards only to find that there card has VANISHED! Where has it gone you ask? - anywhere I want the card to be - and I mean anywhere.
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Paul Harris' "Las Vegas Leaper/Instant Replay" always does the trick for me. There is actually 3 different phases and it is one of the few effects that leaves an opportunity to perform once AND THEN when the individual grabs someone else and says "...you've got to see this..................." BAM. Right in their face same effect, a little different presentation and you've got them all wrapped in.....

PS.......no gimmicks, everything is examinable, and you do not even need a full deck or a borrowed deck.
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL