The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table hopping illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Hi Café

I'm wanting to open a table hopping gig with a close up illusion , I work the nightclubs but I do not wear a sign that says I'm a magician so I want to get the heads of a few in the crowd to turn my way , then they will know I'm there to do magic , its just one effect that I need that I will only need to perform maybe 3 times at the most as more and more people enter the club , the effect needs to be strong and also pretty silent as there is loud music ,

any ideas would be mostly appreciated

Gareth.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
I suppose fire would be out of the question? Inviso torch would get people looking, or are you looking for something bigger?
Keep passing the open windows!
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
I was going to say fire too, but it may not be allowed in "da club". If I was in that situation I would do metal bending, but that may not attract the amount of crowds you are looking for. If no one is behind you I would do Andrew Mayne's bisection, at least I think that's the one I'm thinking of. You make half of your body just vanish, wuite visually. That would get heads turning but may be hard to perform in a tight area like that.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Just something that will turn an ordinary accasion into a magic show , I suppose kind od like a magicians ice breaker

Gareth
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
Nic Einhorn has a flash version of ring flite that he used to use to open at each table. You borrow a very personal item and vanish it in a flash of flame. Everybody in the venue notices that.

Also with Nic Einhorn, I'd recommend "Spooked". Following Nic's own advice, try bending down and doing "Spooked" on the floor. Onlookers see people crouching down and wonder what's going on. Then they see people suddenly springing up in surprise as the ghost card does its work - it gets quite a response.

By the way, both of these are quickly reset.

Ian
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
A rope routine or linking rings work well in this situation. I would stay away from fire effects.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What are you wearing? That can say a lot for you.
Especially if it's loud.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
johnjack
View Profile
New user
Staten Island New York
38 Posts

Profile of johnjack
Gareth123, Have you tried an itr. Anything that floats is great. Buy some invisible thread and wrap it around a cigarette. Put a drop of wax on your thumb with the thread and drape the cigarette thread around your head. Start with the cigarette in your mouth(even if you don't smoke) and ask 4 a light. (common question 4 an ice breaker) than just start levitating the cigarette.(using your hand to go up or down , your head works as a lever). lokks great and gets a strong reaction. Make a few for the night (just in case they break) You can also take their lit cigarettes and use a TT to vanish always giving them a new one.Smile
Ctgalex
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Ctgalex
The Floating wine glass effect ...
I guess it will draw lots of attention .
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Why not open with Ammar's close up illusion? Smile
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
First, make sure that your magic is strong. If you can cause your audience to verbally laugh, clap, and of course give the typical "oo-ah!" you will bring attention to yourself with out gimmicks.

Second, If you need the use of a gimmick to draw additional attention look into getting a Fism Flash(see website below). John Cornelius is now offering them again and I think that I'd use this instead of fire.

http://www.johncornelius.com/magic.html#fism

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Mouth coil production with a final load of a bottle of spirits
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I personally think that a mouth coil production in a restaurant would go over like a fart in church. Smile

But hey, if it work's for you, that's great! Just please don’t come to my table.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
gandalf
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
310 Posts

Profile of gandalf
What about In a Flash by Jay Sankey
Or have a look at investing in a set of D'Lites
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
An effect that is nice in table hopping and getting a lot of poeple to noitice you at once is an effect by kevin James called Animated card through balloon of death.The first phase is Very audible the second is verrrrry visual.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Table hopping illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL