The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jeff McBride on stage vol. 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
I have commented on this series a lot in the forums and thought I should right a review. The video is very well done and well thought. The video starts with a complete show of his commando act shot in front of a live audience. The routine has 5 parts to it. They are vanishing cane and silk production, cut and restore rope, ring on string, linking rings, mouth coil with a bottle of whine production. Also there are a few bonus tricks through into the teaching that is not part of the commando show but they could be easily added.
The first part of the routine is the vanishing cane. This part of the routine is a very good. It looks great is a nice way to open to the audience. The restore rope is a classic effect and is pretty good I have not used it since I don't like rope routines to much but it looks great and the teaching is pretty easy to follow even if doing it is hard. The ring on string is one of my favorite routines thought it is taught fabulously and looks very cool. I like the fact that it has a audience participation part to it and the spectator can even pull on the ring to prove knot is real and it still come off this is really cool and looks awesome. The linking rings this is the highlight of the video this will give you a great routine with some nice ways to separate and link the rings and all the great shapes and patterns. The teaching of this is out standing and easy to follow. The mouth coil is very good I use it but this takes some practice to get right since you need to be able to find the coil end. The end with the bottle is cool but I don't like the idea of the silk added to cover the move. Over all the effect is good. The teaching is explained clearly and is shot form different angles when need but I whish it was done a little bit more since it's hard for some of the knots to see exactly where he is twisting the rope and what direction. I like to routine and used it for one of my shows with some modifications. The video goes over every thing you need to know when first starting it shows how to set up a case what kind of case to have what other resources there are on stage magic and a lot more of pro tips. One complaint I had with the video was that after each section it goes to some type of transition clip which are repeated thought the video so they get repetitive and some have nothing to do with stage or any thing taught in the video. Over all I think this video is a great intro into stage magic and has some great effects in it. One minor problem is that there are not a lot of effects taught unlike the other 2 volumes that have a lot more effects and production ideas. Over all very nice video and well done. I highly recommend this video.

4 out of 5 stars
reviews by Dark Kard
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jeff McBride on stage vol. 1 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL