The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Heres a video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

YTBN
View Profile
New user
Lancashire
35 Posts

Profile of YTBN
Can anyone give me any tips for getting my videos on the net. I have sufficiently compressed the file, but now cant get it on the net. I tried geocities, but it limits to like 2 donloads. Also, freewebs, is terrible, take hours to download.Please help.Also, I have tried hosting it on magicvideoodepot, but it says they are reviewing it. What is all that about?
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
There is another thread just like your questions.
Most people think the free sites suck.
Handlordz.com has a service for hosting.
but umm... well... read the other thread.
I think if you asked nicely and you only have a couple videos, some one here might host it for you.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
If you e-mail me the video, I'll take a look at it and if it's good, I'll host it for you on one of my sites.

K.C.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I hope you got permission to hack up dan and daves dvd like you did. Not bad material but you should have used your own style. It looks to much like your trying to be the system, more so when you used all there templetes.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Brickster
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Brickster
Chris take it easy man, they are just images, nothing to get forward about. It would be more a form of flattery more then anything.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I wasnt being upset about it, just making a point. I know I would be a little upset if someone cut my dvd up and used the ideas and backgrounds, templets, ect. It doesn't matter really to me. I was just wondering if D and D knew, and/or gave permision. The only reason I ask is because the system is a copywrited product. They worked very hard to make those images/backgrounds ect. I wouldnt think they would be to flattered by someone cutting parts out of there dvd that they worked so hard to make. D and D didn't have some company make those. They made all of the system themselves. There was a lot of work that went into those. I like the material and the way it was made, just thought it was a little up front that's all.
www.chriskeppel.com
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
I thought it was cool how you edited the video. The end didn't work but the sybils were nice, but a little unsmooth. When you take the packet there is a split second were you have to stop moving. But they were still pretty good.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
ripcurl21
View Profile
New user
California
28 Posts

Profile of ripcurl21
Nice editing, and some cool moves, goodd job
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
WTH are you guys talking about ??!?!?!?!

Where is the bloody video?
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
I'm going to have to agree with Chris on this one. At least be a little creative with your video editing. I think it's ok to emulate certain elements of ideas from others (like using .psd layers), but just ripping off a template, not so much.

4Jacks, I saw the vid from this link
<bad link removed by staff>

A "yousendit" doesn't last long though.
Karen
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Ok, I the other day when I made my post the video locked up before the credits. Now I just rewatched it and saw the credits. How the hell are you going to not even give credit to the bucks. Before I was sounding a little harsh, but now. Im like wtf, you straight used there plates, and templetes off there dvd and didn't even mention them in the credits. Geeez, I have nothing else to say.
www.chriskeppel.com
YTBN
View Profile
New user
Lancashire
35 Posts

Profile of YTBN
Here is the link for the vid. The above one doesn't work anymore.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/mredux/fxvicomp.wmv

With regards to credit, I actually did include it on the vid, yet when I rendered it for some strange reason it didn't show, Also I take this time to credit Marlo. I ddnt hear you going on because I didn't credit him for the snap change.

With regards to stealing templates, they are of course of the same format, but I actually drew every last thing in photoshop, so they are in some way original.
And you should understand that I have been a huge contributor to the D&D site since it bloody went online, so get off your high horse.
A further point regarding the copying of it, is due to the fact that on the forum there has been a lot of discussion as of late, regarding how the channel 14 trailer was done, A few other people have had a go at recreating it too, nothing done purposely to copy anyone else or because of unoriginality.
Also there have been a lot of talks about the editing software, and certian effects created using it. This was just my attempt, to show what I can do. There is no malicious intentions at all.
SO I suggest oyu calm down, and if you want credit here it is.
Thankyou so much, Dan and Dave, and also Dan and Dave.....and then there's Dan and Dave.....and I almost forgot....Dan....and then there's Dave.
As for the rest of your comments, thankyou very much. I appreciate your honesty. Anyhow, for those of you who havent yet seen it have a look at the above link.

PS, lovely fan Keppel...Credited to who? Connard!!!!!

SATISFIED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Heres a video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL