The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Will Someone please tell me how to get into FFFF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Four Jokers Magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Four Jokers Magician
I am good friends with people that are asked to be a part of Fechters Finger Flicking Frolics every year and I cant get a straight answer from any of them on how they were invited. If it is reccomendations they need then that's what theyll get otherwise I'll just loiter in the lobby of the Holiday Inn and bug the greats of our time. What worked for you? If there is anybody whos was fortunate enough to get that coveted invitation.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
You need 2 recommendations from people that have been there more than twice. There is a waiting list after that. Just be patient.

Doug
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
I have been going to FFFF since the early 1990s. I started as an attendee, a couple years later I was made one of the FFFF helpers, and a two years ago I was named as one of the FFFF advisors. Much of this climb I attribute to my willingness to not only perform (which you will have to do your first year) but help and share in any way that I can. Attributes that many of the FFFF attendees have. As Doug mentioned you will need two sponsors that have attended at least two FFFF conventions. After that you will be put on a waiting list. The way the waiting list works is, if a past attendee passes away, does something on Obie’s taboo list, or tells Obie that they will not be able to attend, a seat is opened and one of the waiting list magicians is notified. Because people, in general, are living longer lives the passing away doesn’t happen very often and most attendees know to stay clear of the taboo list. That leaves the magicians that for some reason have to cancel their attendance. This doesn’t happen very often because if an attendee misses two years his/her name goes back on the waiting list. So get your endorsements and wait patiently. That’s what I did and most of the other attendees also. Trust me it’s worth the wait. Hope to see you there.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard

PS; I am also the lighting and sound grip at FFFF. Something that I do just to make the convention a little better for everyone else. I am one of the FFFF photographers also.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Antony
Great site & Pics-thanks for sharing!!
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
Ummm practice?
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Antony,

Will there be any pictures and resumes out soon regarding the 2005 event?
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
I have already started to post the FFFF 2005 pictures on my web site. I hope to finish the pictures either late this week or early next week. I took over 1500 pictures this year and it takes time to edit them. They will be posting as I edit them so come back often to see more. It my take till the end of next week to do all of the credits and captions.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Four Jokers Magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Four Jokers Magician
Antony I met you at Fechters. (Yes, I loitered in the lobby). I was the guy sitting across the table from Garrett Thomas at about five thirty in the morning when you told us about your awsome haunted house.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Will Someone please tell me how to get into FFFF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL