The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon tail Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
106 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Hi everyone, I need some advice here. I want to put the raccon in a box and that the tail flips out and moves. I was thinking in the Impossible Hank by Sean Begounia, but it could be a little expensive... May be you can give other ideas...

Thanks..

Henry
"May the Magic be with you"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is an old Red Skelton joke that never seems to die.

Do something that causes Rocky's tail to come off. Then the lines are:

Well now I'll have to wholesale him.

I sure can't retail him!

But that's also the making of a good magic routine. Instead of Forgetful Freddy and his head, it's Rocky's tail!

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
That same Joke can be applied to having to sell your dog Wholesale, because its tail got cut off by a trolley car in San Francisco and you had to get rid of your dog wholesale. You then wait for someone to ask why wholesale and then you tell them we had to get rid of him wholesale because we couldn't retail him.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
If you just want his tail to move, you could have a prepared invisible line attached to the tail. One side attached to his tail the other end with some sort of ring. Make a clip on your inside coat pocket, maybe with a paperclip. Once you clip the ring on the paperclip on the inside of you coat, you can manipulate the tail as desired. If you're looking to do this without the line, try looking into a snake charmer, or rising tie trick you might be able to change into a tail raising trick.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Two tails; one attached to Rocky, a second that is always in the box and animated via some simple mechanism.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
106 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Yes, Thomas that is the idea.. but I need Ideas to make that simple mechanism...
"May the Magic be with you"
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 00:21, hkmagic wrote:
Yes, Thomas that is the idea.. but I need Ideas to make that simple mechanism...

Here's a brief description of the mechanism I would build:

1) DC motor with on/off switch and battery pack.

2) Motor drives cam or crank linked to a pivoting disk, causing disc to oscillate back and forth on its axis at a desired rate.

3) Tail is mounted to pivoting disk with its own friction-fit pivot so it can be flipped into the "up" or "down" position manually (up while putting Rocky away, down while trying to "subdue" him).

That's how I'd do it.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Ha ha, you guys with your motors and invisible string.

Flip it out with your hand. No mechanism required.

Hold rocky with his tail against his back held by your fingers. Put him in and when you bring your hand away flip the tail over the side of the box and close the lid on it. Pretend not to notice, small children scream. Open lid and apparently throw tail back in again, in actually fact you kind of do a version of the bread roll bounce where you keep hold of tail and flip it back out before closing the lid. If you really need the tail to move afterwards, blow on it.

George
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Check out voice menu option number 4 on my post in this thread HERE
bigmanofmagic
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
14 Posts

Profile of bigmanofmagic
http://www.sobstudygroup.com/mascot.htm

I hate giving this one away. Ive used them for some time.

Best of luck,
Bryan
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I used to drive my two dogs nuts with one of those. It was too big for them to get into their mouths, and so they would just try to ignore it after a while, but it would roll right back around to irritate them - sometimes with a little directional help by me....Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rocky Raccoon tail Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL