We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Warp restorations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2009 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
This was originally a question in the Double Dare forum, but in case anyone here doesn't get over there much... I'm looking for ways to restore the card after the final tear in Card Warp. I've come up with a couple on my own, but I'd be surprised if there weren't better ones out there. Anyone know where I might find any?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
magisher
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of magisher
I can't remember for sure, but in Jeff Busby's "Into the 4th Dimension" (the Routine that card Warp was taken from), wasn't the card restored at the end? Like by the Gypsy Switch?
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Jay Sankey has a routine where a torn card is healed with a Band-Aid. When the band-aid is removed, the tear is gone. This does require a bit of advance prep. but might be what you are looking for!

Chad
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
260 Posts

Profile of Randy
This is not exactly what you are looking for but I used to go from card warp directly into J.C. Wagners torn and restored card. At the end of card warp you are left with 2 halfs of a card that are folded exactly like the "extra something" in J.C's trick. When I put the torn cards away in my pocket I would palm out one of the pieces and go into T&R. You could easily extend the presentational theme you use in card warp to fit the torn and restored.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Also, if you're looking for something to do with those two pieces that are left over after Card Warp, Lee Asher has a cute bit using the two halves called "The Magic Finger Box of Death"; it may seem anti-climactic following Card Warp, though it could possibly be used to segue into the next miracle.

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Michael Close's Dr. Strange Trick has a full restoration of the card. Check it out.

Doug Smile
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4802 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sounds like a lot of good ideas. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
When I was in Colorado back in the mid 80's I remembered a person who came up with a way to put the cards back together. He was from the Denver magic club. I lost the notes but maybe this message will remind someone from that area to look in their book shelves for the notes. Smile
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2009 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Thanks for the input everyone. Coincidentally, just after posting the question I picked up a copy of Michael Close’s "Workers 1" book for his Pothole routine... then got it home and discovered it had Dr. Strangetrick in it too. Woo-hoo!
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Another person who has tackled this issue is

Alain Nu. He turns the 2 cards into little card boxes. You can check with him at his website. Alain Nu

Chad Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Quinn, as you know by now the Dr. Strangetrick on Worker 1 video has a restoration that goes with it.

The workers book did not have the restoration - so I recommend that anyone who really likes Close consider the video even if they have the book - cause there is extra material on the video. And it is always a pleasure to watch Michael Close perform anyway... Smile

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Magisher is right. Busby's original routine (the very first "Card Warp," but it was named "Into the Fourth Dimension") DID restore the card at the end via the Gypsy Switch.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
I am working on a really trippy restoration. I can't really give away the details just yet, but it's good and it's a messed up little twist.
Enigma
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
41 Posts

Profile of Enigma
Quote:
On 2001-12-19 07:54, Randy wrote:
This is not exactly what you are looking for but I used to go from card warp directly into J.C. Wagners torn and restored card. At the end of card warp you are left with 2 halfs of a card that are folded exactly like the "extra something" in J.C’s trick. When I put the torn cards away in my pocket I would palm out one of the pieces and go into T&R. You could easily extend the presentational theme you use in card warp to fit the torn and restored.

Oddly enough Randy, I do the same hitting, however, mine is a three phase routine.
I do card warp then a quick restoration of my own making then I go into JC's T&R. Mine is based on the old which hunts of Salem. At the end I give the piece to one and the three quarter to another spectator. Tell them if the pieces are ever brought together again the witch will once again live.

Enigma
Smile
You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything .... unless you are tired and you need to lay down or at least sit down then it is ok not to stand, my own opinion of course.

Enigma
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Where can I learn the Gypsy Switch? Is Jeff Busby's rotuine still available in print somewhere?

RT
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
RTShowmann... Check Barnes & Noble, It is in the Klutz book of magic for one.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Go to volume 2 of the art oastonishment & look up "the uncut version" it will allow tear & restore both cards & through a cloning patter

man my typing sucks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Warp restorations? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL