The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggested change for "Spooky" subheading » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
How about changing the subheading for "The spooky, the mysterious, the bizarre..."?

The current one, "If graveside magic is your thing" perpetuates the idea that bizarre magic is limited to creepy, frightening, or ghoulish effects.
Some possible substitutes might be: "If story-telling magic is your thing," or "Where magic is just the beginning," or "Mood, myth, and magic," etc. etc. Anything to avoid the usual misunderstandings, particularly for newcomers exploring the Café.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How about "If Jumping out from behind the bushes and yelling 'BOO!' is your thing."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I, for one, like the subtitle just fine. Sure, bizarre isn't necessarily about "graveside" atmosphere, but about 90% of the time it is . It's a majority niche within the bizarre genre. Just looking at the topics themselves here on the Café, it pretty much speaks for itself.
I find that there are two basic generalisms regarding bizarre magic:
A) It's spooky - ghosts, seances, spirits, etc. which some find corny.
B) It's long-winded, more talk and story than magic, and sometimes just boring.

Out of the two, I'd rather have people think "A" Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2005-04-14 00:46, Bill Palmer wrote:
How about "If Jumping out from behind the bushes and yelling 'BOO!' is your thing."

I have been doing "bizarre Magic" since I've been 12 apparently.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
While I appreciate the suggestion, we'll be keeping the current decription - at least for now. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggested change for "Spooky" subheading » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL