The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Differences Between UK and US Magicians Websites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Trickster
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of Trickster
I discussed this topic with a couple of friends of mine... One of which is a fellow entertainer... The other is a manager of a restaurant where we do some dinner theatre shows...

As posted above, different markets call for different styles... When you look at magicians sites in whole, there is a basic "design" that they seem to follow... When you look at a comedian’s site, they seem to have a particular style as well... Same with musicians and bands... Every market is different and every performer is different...

As far as trying to determine what works better, US vs. UK... What works for the US magicians won't work for the UK magicians... And vice versa...

Now as far as the non-entertainers opinion was, here it is... "Your sites serve different purposes. Chris, your site looks more like the comedian's sites but it works for you as your style is a little more comedy than magic, but the magic is great. Ryan, your site seems to be more of a company than a person. That's because your site is a company and about all of the entertainers, not just you. Your sites work for each of you in your own way."

As for my personal opinion... I don't generate business because of my website... In fact, it doesn't show up in most internet searches... "I" am what sells my services... People "buy" my show because of me and they way I interact with them... Not because I've got impressive sleight-of-hand skills, (or lack thereof)... They buy me... I get my business from people that I meet nightly or referrals... The site is just a place where they can take a look and also offers contact information... It just adds to you, the real product...

To sum up my point, (if I have one)... Do whatever works best for YOU... Each of us is an individual with a common goal... So there will be certain styles for different markets that will seem the same... But to each their own... What works for one will not always work for another...

Thanks for taking the time to read,

RDS
--
"I may not be a smart man, I'm just good at what I do"...

Deuces Wild Entertainment
www.TheTrickster.net

G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 20:08, Chris Jones wrote:
I have researched a lot of profesional magicians and my favourite is http://www.julianjamesmagic.com/ it has everything you would want. It tell you everything you need to know about the person.

Chris

This site does very little, if nothing to tell a prospect what he will do for them. Instead, this guy brags on and on about all the cool things he can do. What's good about that?

G.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Differences Between UK and US Magicians Websites (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL