The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Topit? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Terrell,

On Bob Fitch's new three-DVD set on the Topit, he discusses using a Topit with a vest (both formal style and an informal "outdoor" vest). The DVDs are fantastic, by the way, with many techniques that don't involve the usual tossing.

Jerry
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I'm not sure were I picked it up but I have ditched coins inside my shirt.
Just leave a button unfasened and when the hand crosses the front, ditch it. Its very easy.
There is also a tie with a hidden pocket in you can buy.
Terrell
View Profile
New user
bladerunner35@yahoo.com
65 Posts

Profile of Terrell
Thanks guys. You've been very helpful. Smile
Terrell
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I too have a pair of casual khaki pants with a 'carpenter’s pocket.' The brand, however, is Plugg rather than Old Navy Painters or Dickies Jeans. Pluggs are sold in Dillards and McRae's I think. The pair I was given is perfect for magic: lots of pockets to separate items, the slanted open-top pocket on the side of the thigh just were my hand natural swings, and that little separator (I look for in ever pair of trousers I buy) in the regular front pocket that is great for keeping a small stack of coins in the right order and a ] over its insert. The problem w/Pluggs is that their design changes continually. Multiple pockets with the separator seems to be, however, their persistent hallmark. I've never been busted on the slanted thigh pocket, it is just so natural.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
If you want to start doing topit work, I recommend get Michael Ammar dvd on topit. I saw him using the topit at his lecture and couldn't believe how good this prop is.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The poacher's pouch fits well in a jacket, and can be adapted for shirts.

As to cuffs... it's amazing how much utility you can get from a small tailoring job, atleast for stuff with small objects.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I need a topit DVD or video to study. I am putting together a card routine. Carl Cloutier's video mentions a jumbo coin vanish. Shall I buy this or Ammar's DVD? pm me please, I am new to topits.
Robert Fitch
View Profile
New user
Leonia, NJ
38 Posts

Profile of Robert Fitch
Terrell....Saw your 4/28 post on Magic Café.....re a topit without a coat..Read the description of the "Fitch Topit Workshop" in
http://www.hocus-Pocus.com or http://www.BobKohlerMagic.com ads....and you'll see the answer to your question.....the "Tiepit" which is a shirt (short or long-sleeved) and a tie. Its a topit...and not in the tie....also the vest description can be used in a tee shirt and outside hanging shirt. In fact Enrico Varella is working on a manuscript about the loose shirt and topit idea now.

Its not Syvester the Jester's design...
BF
Cheers...Imagination can make magicians of us all.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Well, now that the man himself just posted above...I would strongly suggest looking into his new toppit DVD series! Bob is the master of the toppit You can't go wrong with this investment!!! And yes, I'm on Bob's payroll...ok, just kidding about that part. But seriously folks...GET THESE DVD'S!!!

Mike
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Even though the discussion has moved into the general discussion of the topit, I thought I'd add that some serious resarch in using pants pockets as mini topits can be found in Ross Bertram on sleight of hand. He calls it the Texas Topit and all the photos show him in his cowoby hat. There are several methods of dropping the coins from one or both hands into the pockets and several tricks utilizing these techniques.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Topit? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL