The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Joe Porper's Strong Box!!! (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
What do you mean Julie?
I think it is still available, isn't it?
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Of course it's still available> the e-bay mention was to alert potential buyers to what may be a bargain (and then again maybe not) Smile
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
62 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
It will be so great if my "Porper's Key" can be used to open the lock of the Strong Box.
EGGINS
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
2 Posts

Profile of EGGINS
I was told Gaetan Bloom had a terrific routine using Porper's Strong box; Does anyone know anything about it?
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
The Porper Strong box may be one of my BEST magical purchases EVER!!! I'll try to email Mr. Bloom and ask him his routine using the Strong Box.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Pete Biro is working on putting together the instructions now. He said he had just recently received the pictures and routine from Gaetan.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Gaetan's routine is finished (the pre-press work) and tomorrow it goes to the printer. Should be ready in about a week. Not sure yet how to get this out to past box owners. Proof of purchase? Small fee? Will be thinking on that.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
The requestor should provide you information on how the box is utilized and it's secret.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I own a Strong Box and I recommend(ed) THIS to everyone who is seriously interested in props like these. Yes, sound problem exists, but only if you make a big deal of it! I dang the lock against the box and say: THAT was what you heard!

I personal did last gig a ring vanish and let the ring appear in a previous shown empty wooden box. I was asked to do that again .... so I first had to prepare that wooden box; opening the side flap in full view - I let specators see what I am actually doing, but I didn't explain it! There was a big smile on every spectators face! Yes! Now they know how the ring gets into that wooden box...
So the 2nd ring vanish started; I pulled out the wooden box and let the spec open the box, but .... NO ring inside! I said I messed up that trick and would offer him a treasure! I went back 3 steps to table to pick up the Strong Box! Meanwhile they found the flap in the wooden box and discussed this type of tricky box.

When I then placed the Strong Box (closed) onto the table and all said something like "oh how cute...." I handed out the key, spec opened the box and inside was their ring!

Big applause and I let the Strong Box for about 10 minutes to the specs - no one got a clue! This must be real magic!

What I'd like to have as an additional extra for that box?
Something like Michael Hanzlik's (UK) WONDERLOCK or some other gaffed lock fitting the strong box - THIS would be clever! But until now I didn't find a supplier who offers small but gaffed locks. So if anyone of you has got an idea .... please contact me!

Overall: Strong Box is meant to own it a lifetime! So it is much cheaper than all the cards you destroy during your lifetime ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Cardmaker,

While I appreciate you sharing your routine and I do not mean at all to be critical, but I would personally not do the part of the routine where you openly show how the side of the wooden box opens up. In my humble opnion, you are in fact openly disclosing a secret to many of coin/ring/nest of boxes that are still being used by performers. Also you are openly confronting them to find the secret hinge, lock or passageway that would allow them access to the locked box. I think the Strong Box is a terrific efect that stands on its own without the need to prove that it cannot be secretly opened like the other "magic boxes." Please do not take offense at my comments.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Agreed... and they will then think the Strong Box works in a similar way, but they just couldn't find the way to make it happen.

Those that want a copy of Gaetan's routine, PDF file, PM me with PROOF you own one and include an email address.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The above offer expires Sunday. We are going to print them in a nice booklet form and include a "ferrule" similar, but better, than the one Gaetan rigged up in his prototype.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Is this going to be a marketed item? I have a Strong Box and would like to learn Gaetan Bloom's routine.

What's a ferrule?

Thanks,
Robert
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Pete:

Has the routine or handling of the strong box been produced yet? I have been looking around but have yet to find a place to purchase or view the handling. Do you know of a place where the booklet or .pdf you mentioned on Jul. 14 may be purchased?
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Can this strong box be used for 'card in box' by that I mean once you've done your mercury fold is it an easy matter to load the folded card into the box?
Also what about the Gatean Bloom routine is that out? Does it come with the box?

Thanks
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 01:34, Adam Keisner wrote:
Can this strong box be used for 'card in box' by that I mean once you've done your mercury fold is it an easy matter to load the folded card into the box?
Also what about the Gatean Bloom routine is that out? Does it come with the box?

Thanks
If you pulled the box out of your pocket it would be locked shut with the card inside.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Thanks R. So the box is small enough to fit in your trouser pocket? I was kinda under the impresseion it was bigger than that. Is it the same size as a deck of cards or bigger/smaller?? also is it heavy? too heavy to have comfortably in your jacket pocket?

Thanks
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Would you be able to load the card under the guise of simply placing the key in the pad lock, then handing the box to the spectator and let them open it to reveal the impossible location??
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I am selling my wonderful Stron Box in the appropriate section of the forum, in mint condition.

Bob
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I know this thread is old but I just want to add that I just got one of these, and it is fantastic. the routine is great and I'm currently been doing it for friends and such. more and more if come to love apperatus like this cause I am able to concentrate more on presentation and less on doing moves. iv become a huge porper fan the last few months, and have just ordered just a case. can;t wait to get it. thanks joe and pete for such good ideas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Joe Porper's Strong Box!!! (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL