The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Which connection for headset mics? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hi Everyone,

I've been talking to a very reliable mic company manager here about OEM sales of mics for export. He makes many kinds of heaset and handheld mics. Can you all be so kind to post which kind of connector you presently have for your headset mics?

Some choices I've seen are: phone-jack 3.5mm, switchcraft ta4f, mini XLR.

I'm trying to guage what most people use and search out the market a bit. If all goes well, I'm hoping to enter into an agreement with the company to offer OEM sales of the mics to anyone who would be interested in selling them under their own label or mark. The quality is high and the price is very affordable.

Please if you don't mind sharing what kind of connector your present mic to transmitter is, I'd be very grateful.

All the best,

JoJo

ps. This is not the Mipro company for those who know I can get Mipro products very cheaply.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Unfortunately, JoJo, I use all 3 (if the Fender one is called a T4), and I have bodypacks I switch with the headsets for my Anchor/Aztec (Birthdays & Tradeshows), Fender Passport (School & Festival), and Shure UC (Theater Stage).
Let's see what others respond but what I really need is a set of adaptors to convert one type to another (similar to audio connectores that convert rca to mini, etc). As far as I know no one makes these (T to minixlr, etc). It forced me to have my countryman headset altered to fit my favorite bodypack.

It seems like such a basic thing to make an adaptor pigtail and would no doubt protect our valuable headsets from strain. I am rough on the headsets and they usually break at the connector. If there was a small adaptor wire at the bodypack I could simply swap that out when there is strain on the rigid connector.

To keep this thread on track, I would vote for the Shure bodypack connector which I believe is a miniXLR.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I use a Shure Wireless headset and it uses the mini-XLR connector into the bodypack.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Thanks for replying Walter,

I know what you mean about connectors. I'm always having to make sure I get the right connector when I've been dealing recently with the Mipro company.

Like I mentioned in my opening post, I've struck up a deal with a great mic company who can make OEM mics for anyone who wants them.

Here's a small pic of a new that's just been developed.

Click here to view attached image.
miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
For realibility ( Is this word correct ??? ) use mini-XLR.

I use an Audio Technica beltpack with an mini-XLR connector and the quality is exceptional compared with the mini jack.

Also, mini jacks tend to unplug just when you are on stage.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Thanks for replying Miscoes,

I hear you. Recently the mini jacks have a thread adaptor built in as well to keep them firmly in the hole so to speak.

JoJo
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
3.5 mm
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Which connection for headset mics? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL