The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » It came form inside your sleeve!!! -(ultra smoke woes) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi guys,

I just had a terrible day with my ultra smoke!

Everyone just "knows it came from within my sleeve. They want to inspect my jacket!!!

Any alternative hook ups or advice?

mac
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
So that's where it comes from....
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
They want to inspect the jacket. the magicness is lost becuase "aah he must have some device up his sleeve"
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Try shooting the smoke from the sleve into your closed hand then slowly open your hand. The smoke will sort of cling to your palm for a moment making the smoke more magical. This also eliminates the directional puff effect that gives the sleeve away.
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I found that even on the demo video on penguin it looked like it came from the sleeve, not the best way to sell things! I heard somewhere on the forum that you can hook it up to come from your button hole, anyone find that? daz
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I did the button hole thing as well - worked slightly better. But some spectators are grabby and want to touch you. I mean if you're doing this for friends then they suspect a device and want to search you-
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
Just a heads up, the smoke produced by Untrasmoke is nasty stuff-Titanium Tetrachloride. I started looking into it after I left the device in my jacket for a period of time (sealed up, or so I thought) and when I opened the jacket and it had eaten the lining. All the pins were rusted. Trying to get the MSDS sheets on this device was very difficult. They didn't want to tell me what it was. I was using it in close up magic so this stuff was in close proximity to the spectators.
If anybody wants the system, complete with one unopened container, I'll make you a deal.
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
Have one and no longer use it, butI agree about the cupped hand. Also, watch your angles with it. Do it with your arm dead on to the victom...I mean spectator. At an angle, you can easitly be busted unless you sleaves are really long.

Azrael
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
MSDS for TITANIUM TETRACHLORIDE:
http://www.matheson-trigas.com/msds/MAT23550.pdf
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I am writing a manuscript for the Ultra Smoe 2000 for ellusionist.com I have a No sleeve hook-up that will be in the manuscript.
Justin Miller
magicman3755
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicman3755
Alchimest do you still have the ultra smoke up for grabs? if so contact me @ magicman3755@yahoo.com thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » It came form inside your sleeve!!! -(ultra smoke woes) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL