The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Buck Twins on Magicbroadcast.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 13:09, whiteboy0 wrote:
Handlordz has a condensed version with just the highlights since they were brought into it, very fast download

Yeah, the way the HL fans called in and wrote on the forum was pathetic and immature. They brought HL into the discussion, not the Bucks.
Daryl
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Daryl
It does not reflect very well on HL if their "followers" go and do that.. it ruins De'vos name to have such people from handlordz.
-E.PluRiBuS.UnuM-
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Okay, I have a few points that I feel the need to make, to clarify some misconseptions and flat out lies. HL does not have a condensed version of the interview posted. It just doesn't exist. I'm there, I'm in the inner circle, I'm not seeing anything. In fact, I was the first person to get them a link to the interview, and that thing is anything but condensed, two and a half hours of torture.

Next, the people that called in to bash Dan and Dave Buck claiming to be HL guys are not who they say they are. Many people who go around on various forums claiming to be HL guys and bashing Dan and Dave are not HL guys. They are kids who just want to make trouble, and need to get real lives. The real XCMers have no desire to feud with the magic community, these feuds are being started by immature third parties and in reality shouldn't exist. As soon as everybody figures that out, we will all be better off.
I am away and will be so until late July. I will have a chance to read the forums, but I will be pressed for time, and unable to read every thread. If you feel a thread requires my attention, please PM me with a link. Thanks, and have a great summer. :
whiteboy0
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of whiteboy0
There is a condensed version in the HL forums. You must not have that level yet
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Just curipus, but if whiteboy0 has the assess level to view something that secretive on the HL forums, then why would he come here asking for more info on Xtreme Beginners as if he is a newbie and knows only whats being shown on the public forums of HL?

And to post on 2 seperate portions of the forums the same questions and replies to the same people who gave the same advice?

Its like saying that he doesn't get to view info on the Xtreme Beginners cos its much more secretive?

Just a thought that's all..no offence intended to anyone. I like De'vo, D&D, Tudor, etc's creations and flourishes Smile

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
whiteboy0
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of whiteboy0
I got access today! They needed some information I have on something and after they confirmed it, I went straight to level 2 and the inside pass. Soso happy and is why you see no more posts about that from me. Now I know all the answers. Smile extreme Beginners is Smile
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
OK.
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
I encourage everyone to work on something besides comebacks. In fact, here's an idea. Why don't the magicians work on magic, and the XCMers work on XCM, and everybody STOP THIS INANE ARGUMENT!!! I don't know if I'm the only one that's noticed this, but it's not getting anyone anywhere. The bashing of magicians is innapropriate. And, here's a news flash for all my HL guys, the people De'vo banned from HL have recieved their punishment, you don't have to punish them further. However, while I understand that Karen calling in and impersonating De'vo was a joke, and was in fact quite funny (we at HL got a good laugh out of it), actions like that are not going to ameliorate this problem. With that said, I don't care who you are, magician or XCMer, next time you want to post something bashing someone else or someone else's passion, stop and think, wouldn't your time be better spent working on your fanning and your Charlier cuts?
I am away and will be so until late July. I will have a chance to read the forums, but I will be pressed for time, and unable to read every thread. If you feel a thread requires my attention, please PM me with a link. Thanks, and have a great summer. :
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
And with that

I proclaim WORLD PEACE!!!!!!!!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
I forever twist in agony for being banned from HL, my cursèd soul writhes in flames!
Karen
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
See, we all agree on something. Now let's shake hands, stop knocking on each other, and move on with our lives.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 20:02, whiteboy0 wrote:
I have seen posts from De'vo saying he had no problems with Dan and Dave and they do not allow Dan and Dave bashing at all on Handlordz

I and everyone else have seen the post by Devo bashing "the buck twins" and others, it was a sticky on HL for a while.
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 20:02, whiteboy0 wrote:
After reading the new information on the pro handlordz forum, I have some thoughts on this matter

I didn't realize you were so popular on HL, please provide a link to one post you have on that forum.
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
He is there. I can vouch for that. Official HL policy is okay with Dan and Dave Buck. They are flourishers and magicians by their own admission, and are not attempting to rip off the term "XCM" for their own innapropriate uses, as are some others. There are however some members of their forum that have been banned from HL, and are generally disliked by the HL crowd. Dan and Dave Buck are not the problem, they are two talented magicians, and are very good at what they do (which, by the way, is not XCM).
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 08:23, yahu wrote:
He is there. I can vouch for that. Official HL policy is okay with Dan and Dave Buck. They are flourishers and magicians by their own admission, and are not attempting to rip off the term "XCM" for their own innapropriate uses, as are some others.

Wow that sounds pretty official!! Thanks De’vo I mean yahu

Quote:
There are however some members of their forum that have been banned from HL, and are generally disliked by the HL crowd.

Wow that is once again pretty official sounding, now you’re speaking for the whole HL team. I guess I would also fit into the “BANNED and DISLIKED by the HL Crowd” category. Of course no one here really likes me either.

Quote:
Dan and Dave Buck are not the problem, they are two talented magicians, and are very good at what they do

So Is everyone else, open your eyes dude. Harwin’s and that ewizard guy have put out videos that are 10 times the skill level I’ve been seeing on HL.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against any individual member of HL. I have said before and will continue to say, that I really enjoy all the videos put out on HL, and I appreciate all the members that put stuff out there for the general public (like me) to see. It takes a lot of effort, and no one asks for anything in return.

But the people I have seen here and on D&D are truly good at what they do.

Quote:
(which, by the way, is not XCM).

Thank God!
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
Well maybe it's hard to compare when some do sybils/pivot(sp?) cuts, and the others are doing more varied XCM?
And I'm guessing you havn't seen any of the newest Tournament videos either. I recomend <Moneys R Us'> videos?

I'm not arguing or anything just askign questions.
(please don't anser like "not fighting a war, just dropping a bomb" lol)
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Well we can argue about sybils versus “more varied XCM” and who does what all friggin day.

If theres a video of someone moving cards around, I wanna see it. It’s that simple I don’t care if you call it XCM, Flourishes, or what ever other name you can think of.

Everyone is here and there for one reason… WE LIKE CARDS

If some people like sybils and some don’t, whatever floats their boat.

I haven’t seen Money’s new Video…
I’ve been laggin on the D/L’s lately, got too much other stuff going on with work, college, buying a new car, and the like. I’ll DL that video if your recommending it. I really like Burn’s videos too… his round one video was just flawless. I really haven’t DL’ed much past round two.
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Okay, 4jacks, I don't know who you are, there was somebody with the same or a similar name on the HL forums, and I have no idea if that is you, I was unaware that he was banned, and there is no bashing of him that I've seen on HL.

Next, I realize that there are some talented manipulators that have been banned from HL, but they have all been banned with good reason, and their talent level really has nothing to do with it. I see myself as a mediocre manipulator at best, but I'm appreciated at HL because I try hard to advance my own skills, and I behave in a manner constructive to the HL community, and all the other communities I am a member of.

Next, your assertion that it doesn't matter whether what any individual does is magic, flourishing, or XCM is false. If it was the same, then we wouldn't have these different names, and you wouldn't be bashing us. If you want to tell me you enjoy all of them, that's fine. I love to watch good magic. I enjoyed viewing some of the clips on Dan and Dave's website. I love to watch Jeff McBride, and I Jonathan Pendragon's magic elates me.

If you want to see some good tournament footage, check out Moneys' aerial vid and creativity vid, both are XCM gold!!!
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 12:44, yahu wrote:
Wow, Harwin, that was enlightening, lol.

Okay, 4jacks, I don't know who you are, there was somebody with the same or a similar name on the HL forums, and I have no idea if that is you, I was unaware that he was banned, and there is no bashing of him that I've seen on HL.

Ello, My name is Patrick and I was banned from HL for pointing out that it makes no sense to have a SECRET underground DVD, “i.e. Motions” and then to allow ONE person to purchase multiple copies of that DVD that you want to keep Secret and Underground, Because the only reason people purchase 10 copies of something is to sell it. Plus this defeats the purpose of having something really small different in every copy of the DVD, cause when someone has 2 or more copies, they can figure out what that is.

And there was a brief post from Hound dude, about me talking **** on a different forum.

Quote:

Next, I realize that there are some talented manipulators that have been banned from HL, but they have all been banned with good reason,

That is a load of Doo Doo and you know it, you need to go wash your mouth out with soap. There is a whole line of people who have reasons for getting banned that are stupider than mine. And mine was stupid.

Quote:
and their talent level really has nothing to do with it. I see myself as a mediocre manipulator at best, but I'm appreciated at HL because I try hard to advance my own skills, and I behave in a manner constructive to the HL community, and all the other communities I am a member of.

If you were behaving in a manner constructive to the HL community you wouldn’t be here arguing on this stupid board, 1 cause De’vo asked you not too, and 2 because you make no sense and give a bad impression of the HL boards.

Quote:
Next, your assertion that it doesn't matter whether what any individual does is magic, flourishing, or XCM is false. If it was the same, then we wouldn't have these different names, and you wouldn't be bashing us. If you want to tell me you enjoy all of them, that's fine. I love to watch good magic. I enjoyed viewing some of the clips on Dan and Dave's website. I love to watch Jeff McBride, and I Jonathan Pendragon's magic elates me.

If you want to see some good tournament footage, check out Moneys' aerial vid and creativity vid, both are XCM gold!!!

Don’t misquote me, I am not relating Magic to XCM or flourishes.
I am relating Flourishes to XCM which are the same thing.

Imagine if Tony Hawk wanted to rebel and tell everyone he is not SkateBoarding any more he is doing X-TREME BOARD MANIPULATION.

It’s ridiculous. Flourishes and XCM are one and the same. I personally don’t care what the heck anyone calls it. I’m just choosing to stick with Flourishes because HL is the only place advocating XCM and that board is riddled with hostility and contradictions.
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 13:03, 4Jacks wrote:
If you were behaving in a manner constructive to the HL community you wouldn’t be here arguing on this stupid board, 1 cuase De’vo asked you not too, and 2 because you make no sense and give a bad impression of the HL boards.

I am relating Flourishes to XCM which are the same thing.

Imagine if Tony Hawk wanted to rebel and tell everyone he is not SkateBoarding any more he is doing X-TREME BOARD MANIPULATION.

It’s friggin ridiculous. Flourishes and XCM are one in the same. I personally don’t care what the heck anyone calls it. I’m just choosing to stick with Flourishes because HL is the only place advocating XCM and that board is riddled with hostility and contradictions.

De'vo specifically asked me to take march in to hostile territory to inform everyone what XCM is really about, and has congratulated me on many occasions for the work that I've done these past few days, displaying the arguments of the HL community in a civil and organized manner. In fact, magicians from this board and the Penguin Magic board have thanked me for the work I've done, and the way I've done it. My patience is beggining to wear thin, and perhaps my anger has been reflected in a few of my posts, and for that I am sorry, but I have never told anyone else how to handle their own business, or whined about not receiving and underground DVD.

The way the the word Flourishing is used by magicians is very different than the way XCM is used by the real XCMers. Flourishing is something magicians do between tricks to entertain their audiences. XCM is all about aesthetic appeal, and is comparable to dancing in many respects.

If Tony Hawk was to continue skateboarding, but call it something else, that would be silly, you are correct. But what you are doing is saying that two different art forms using the same medium are the same thing, and that is just silly. That's like saying speed skating and figure skating are the same. That's like saying acrobatics and brake dancing are the same. That's just ridiculous.
joeytsai
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of joeytsai
Huh.

Well, getting back to this thread's topic, is there anywhere I can download the broadcast? I'll even host the file after I receive it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Buck Twins on Magicbroadcast.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL