The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Negative covers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wizardwannabe
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Wizardwannabe
Okay, this may strike you as being awfully trivial but it bothers me. The covers of two books of mine have wonderful illustrations by Nelson Hahne. The two books are "Close up magic for the nite club" by Hugard and "Magic with slates" by Warlock. So what's the problem? They're printed negatively - what should be white is black and vice-versa! Is this some publishers feeble attempt at being "artsy"? Is it a printing error? One of the reasons I collect magic books is to have books that look the way they do in old magic catalogs but these covers ruin that "look". Yes, I know it's not the most earth-shattering problem in existance but, as I said, it bothers me.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1867 Posts

Profile of Rennie
What bothers me about certain dustjackets are the illustrations that look like a cartoon book as opposed to a seruious magic book.I believe one of mine is by Peter Warlock and in all honesty I would rather remove the jacket because of the childish look it has. They contain great magic but look like they belong in a childs library.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ah, there you go, judging books by their covers again. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Negative covers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL