The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog machine tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
One of the best fog machines I've seen is a "Rosco". A little spendy, but reliable and quick.

A small tip: It's best to use water based fog fluid. If you don't, you end up with everything having a oily feel to it! Smile

I would be interested in other fog tips anyone might be willing to share. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Fog tip No. 1 Move to San Francisco's Sunset District Smile
Billy Diamond
View Profile
New user
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
24 Posts

Profile of Billy Diamond
Totally agree with Steve that a Rosco is the BEST in foggers. Also Martin is very good. However, a nice inexpensive fogger is made by Amercian DJ and it puts out 3,000 cubic feet of fog per minute. I think they retail for about $100.00. The only problem is that you are at the mercy of the cooling unit so when that little red light is on and you need fog...forget it. If you are a working pro you just gotta buy a Rosco!

Billy Diamond

Extreme Reality Illusions

Creators and Builders of magic and illusion
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Whatever you do, don't use any fog fluid in a machine other than that manufacturer's (i.e. - use Rosco fluid in a Rosco machine, American DJ in an Am. DJ machine, etc.)

Each machine works slightly differently in terms of temperature and other factors, and the fluid is designed to work with that specific machine. Using another brand or type could damage the machine, produce unhealthy fog, and would definitely void your warranty.

--Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
htmagic
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
50 Posts

Profile of htmagic
Theatre Effects has a good article on using fog machines. One of the tips they gave is how important is locating the fog unit.

You can also duct the fog using large dryer hose but allow a gap between the inlet of the duct and the fogger. Fog juice is also important as well as cleaning the unit on a regular basis. Most foggers work on a water based unit and the better the unit, the better the temperature control, quick heat up time, and continuous fog. If you need a lot of fog, buy a bigger unit.

High-Tech Magic offers a good fogger for $89. That’s about $10 cheaper than the same unit at Spencer’s Gifts.

We hope this helps! And thank you for this forum!

Smile Smile

May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

High-Tech Magic

http://www.high-techmagic.com/
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

High-Tech Magic
http://www.high-techmagic.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fog machine tips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL