The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Michael Close...In Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
You guys may be interested in Michael Close...In Review. It is ten years of Magic Magazine reviews. It is mammoth! Over 1300 pages. It is not something you can read straight through (although I suppose you could try). It is much easier to do a search for your favorite authors, and books or just search for "highly recommended" or "highest recommendation". There are 93 instance of "Highly Recommended and 14 instances of "highest recommendation". This is a great way to find out which books deserve to be in your library or find out great tricks you may have overlooked in the books you already own. I've found that in general I have the same taste in magic as Michael Close. Looks like he is in good company.

http://www.michaelclose.com/downloads.html

Jake
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I just purchased it recently. I really like having this as it's easy to access and crammed full of info. I don't always agree with Michael, but I respect his opinion. He's actually coming to lecture for my local IBM Ring on Thursday. I can't wait.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Daffyd
View Profile
New user
Llandewi Breffi
87 Posts

Profile of Daffyd
I got this as well. Very useful source of info. I thought some of his reviews were a bit harsh at times, but most of the time he's spot on. Recommended.
"The layman is such an idiot." salsa_dancer
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
There are 17 instances of "not recommend" and its variants, 4 instances of "sucks" and 2 instances of "flabbergasted". The 4 instances of "sucks" don't actually refer to Close's opinion of a trick.

Jake
170sam.org
willem
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of willem
Thanks for the good advice
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
This e-book covers reviews from which year to which year?
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
The e-book contains every single review that Michael wrote for Magic, a period of ten years, I believe.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Quote:
On 2005-04-23 18:53, h_A_Z wrote:
This e-book covers reviews from which year to which year?

1995-2005
170sam.org
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Thanks guys. I think I'll be picking this one up
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
This pdf is great. No more having to dig up old magazines to search for a review.

Dave
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Got it and its good! I wished that the titles of the reviews is bolded. It would have made titles clearer and

easier to see and find. But aside from that its GREAT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Michael Close...In Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL