The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clairvoyant Cassette by Dick Barry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I recently bought Dick Barry's lecture notes (Magic with Class). Among other things it has a) Clairvoyant Cassette b) Clairvoyant Cassette 2, and c) 52-on-1 card miracle.

The lecture notes come with the item needed to perform the trick...you'll have to provide you own cassette and deck of cards, though. The lecture notes are very detailed. Like all good magic this one requires some preparation. Though it can be done on a digital recorder--or a mini-cassette--I don't think it would have the same impact because it is easy for audience members to think that the performer might have dozens of small cassettes tucked away on his person. Similarly a digital recorder can be cued to play at any "chapter" point. That fact detracts from the trick.

I think the 52-on-1-card miracle (based on the same prop as the clairvoyant cassette) is better for a modern audience.

Manoj
Manoj
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
Quote:
On 2005-12-12 10:13, mshanker wrote:

I recently bought Dick Barry's lecture notes...

Where can these be obtained from?

Dr. Zordas
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

We have a few Clairvoyant Cassette left in stock to ship immediately.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
Dr. Zordas, the Dick Barry lecture notes (Magic With Class) are $25 and available directly from him at http://www.dickbarrymagic.com or by phoning him at (949) 361-8620. If you go to the website then choose "Great Magic" in the contents on the left side of the page. The lecture notes are near the bottom of the page.

Manoj
Manoj
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...Thank's for the pointer, Manoj! I did look on the site but must have skipped-over it.

Dr. Zordas
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is anyone using the 52 on 1 miracle who would like to comment?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 01:00, exohordon wrote:
The demo showed the performer asking the audience to just think of any card.
That seems like a free choice.
In real life performance, is that what is going to happen?
Just any card thought?

How limited are the choices? Cos I looking to repeat performances.

I'd like to know this also please.

Thanks

C
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
If you are interested by this particular trick, I hightly recommended you to buy Dick Barry Lecture note (for a little 20 bucks). You will learn all you need to know to perform this miracle and much more. The answer the the above question, well, yes the spectator have a free choice. I don't want to reveal how it is done. I will just say that everything in the routine has been thought to make this trick work.
This is a really great trick, I would recommand it to anyone who are interested.

Johnny
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Johnny,

Seems the actual effect comes with the special wallet and jumbo card etc, enough to perform it. Does the lecture notes come with this all also?

Candini
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Lecture note comes with the Jumbo card that you need for the effect. You'll need to provide your own wallet (which can be bought at dollar store,) cassette and a radio player. By the way, there is no ''special'' wallet involved here.

Johnny
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Johnny,

So the cassette player which is no longer produced, and the one you pull from your pocket (the selected card) are both the same? That is the way I understood it.

Anyways, this sounds incredible and I wonder why it isn't well known anymore.

Just watching the demo performance looked very nice. I think in the one with the cassette player the woman on the stage thought of AS and Dick told her that was too common so he asked another spec in the audience and she said 7C which was the one which the tape played.

Candini
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Like I said before everything is the routine has been put together and thought to make it works all the time. If you are interested, buy the lecture note. You'll find out how to make it work perfectly.

Quote:

Anyways, this sounds incredible and I wonder why it isn't well known anymore.

Good for us, not too much magicians will do this great trick wich means that chance are that your audience will see it for the first time.

Johnny
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I understand that this is no longer available? Does anybody know if this is true?
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Well, it's no longer on Dick Berry's website, so I'd say that it is probably no longer avaiable.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Rowdy,

The updated version called 52 on 1 miracle is available. The lecture notes are available like Johnny posted which tells you how to do the cassette version. The 52 on 1 is the same method but does not use the cassette tape.
Dick Barry
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Dick Barry
Thanks to all of you for your interest in CLAIRVOYANT CASSETTE and the 52-on-1 CARD MIRACLE. Candini pretty much said it all. I no longer make up CLAIRVOYANT CASSETTE. I sold my entire last batch to Paul Gross at Hocus-Pocus Magic. I understand they are now all gone. My book "MAGIC WITH CLASS" is still available and describes both CLAIRVOYANT CASSETTE and a second version called CLAIRVOYANT CASSETTE #2. With a little effort you can make up the trick yourself. For my own personal use I now perform the 52-on-1 CARD MIRACLE. The method is the same but you do not need a tape recorder. It is a great trick for table hoppers and walk around. For the past three years I have used the 52-on-1 in my Magic Castle act. If I can answer anyones questions e-mail me at: dickbarrymagic.com Again, thanks for your interest.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Mike,

Like Justin said, on the demo, you can see the spectator can think of any card. Now I don't know for sure cause I don't have it yet but, the jumbo card (at first) is a joke. Dick ask them to think of a card first before pulling out the card.

He then points to the back of the card where there is a hodgepodge of cards. I for some reason am having a problem pulling up the video right now but this is from what I remember. I personally thought the timing with the jumbo card was really funny.

Regards,

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay I received 52 on 1 two days ago and I endorse it (for whatever that is worth:)
I used it on the family today and so far so good. I will take it to work tonight and use it on the other heavy skeptics.

Aside from the hard hitting potential of the 52 on 1, there are other effects you can use this for dealing with predictions.

This can play well for stage, parlor or strolling but since I perform more strolling venues, this is excellent. This packs more then a single punch. If humor is your style (if not make it for this), this sets them up. SOmething lighthearted but baffling. I watched the demo probably 10 times and still didn't figure it out. Everything Dick says in the footage is important.

The instruction booklet is excellent and shows color photos to help you along. But this isn't that difficult to perform if you have dealt with magic or mentalism for a while.

I can envision wearing this out.

Note: Runawayjag said this: "I don't want to give too much away, but I also don't want anyone to have the impression that there is a deck in play and the spectator is asked to name any card he SEES. That is not the case. It is much more clever and subtle than that. "

I cannot agree more. Smile

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well, I just did this at the office, thumbs up. It passed both tests now, ready for the real world. Thanks Dick for the wonderful product! Now please remove it from your catalog.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Clairvoyant Cassette by Dick Barry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL