The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Big Round Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

freakshowjim
View Profile
New user
singapore
66 Posts

Profile of freakshowjim
To me, one of the hardest places to perform is when you are doing magic infront of a big round table. People at the side can't see , people at the far end can't really see clearly, everybody is eating so you can't really use a table. here are the some of the tricks I do for this situation:

Bill switch
Rope trick
Grey elephants in demark
Chop cup

Any other tricks suitable?
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
What I would do here is pick 3 spots around the table, this way everyone gets to see you close and hear what you are saying.

Darren...
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
I do the same as Darren. I try to do sets for a few couples around the table (Coins Across, DoubleBack, Metamorphosis, and NFW are all things that play well for a couple). Then if the positioning is right I do one piece for the entire table to see - usually a rope routine.

Ian
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
The worst table-arrangement for me is horse-shoe shaped. If you do stand-up you have to stand all the way back so the people at the sides doesn't look at your back. And if you do table-hopping most of the audience can see a bit of what you do, making it impossible to re-use effects.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
510 Posts

Profile of jcigam
I think one of the best effects for large awkward tables is a multiple selection routine.

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Anything in front of your face works well... bill switch, elastics, d lites, ropes etc.. I agree with the posts above to move around the table. You can tell who is enjoying it more and would give you great reactions..
johnjack
View Profile
New user
Staten Island New York
38 Posts

Profile of johnjack
Someone just told me about Christian Rodd's 100% Guarantee. I bought it, love it and think it is great for that crowd!!
freakshowjim
View Profile
New user
singapore
66 Posts

Profile of freakshowjim
What's that?? where can I see it???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The Big Round Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL