The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I got in! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I just recieved an e-mail with my username and password for the "Learned Pig". It seems I have been very fortunate in this. I can't wait till I get to browse the site a little more.

I don't really have a good reason to post this, but since I spend so much time at the Café' I thought this would be the best place to strut.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
How long did it take you to get in? I took me a few months.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I think about 3 months or so.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
According to another e-mail he has been quite behind, up to 800 applications! It is a great site and I highly recommend it.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
I'm new to Magic and totally ignorant...What is the "Learned Pig".
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of ashah
I applied over a year ago and never heard anything. But I didn't want to reapply because I heard that it gets you banned.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The e-mail I recieved from him (Marko) Seemed like it was coming from a pretty freindly, and down to earth guy. Of course I've only recieved one e-mail and have not really had any conversation with him, so I don't know what else to say. However personally, I would reapply, if it took years.
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I must have been lucky, I think it was less than a month for me to get in, its an amazing resource
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Congratulations Josh Riel. The Learned Pig Project is a Great site just as the Magic Café' is a Great site and is a gold mine of information. It's like having your own personal Library of great works on Magic (and much less expensive).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
The learned pig is a great site and I was extremely lucky to get in after about a week, allthough it was my second application.

anyhow its a very good site.

ollie
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I finally received my password, too, after a couple years at least. There's lots of good material there, so I'll be excited to peruse it in the future.

CSR
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mine came in about 3 weeks, I had largely forgotten about it until it came. A good site and their archiving old books is a great idea. Found the "entrance exam" to be quite simple. Guess they just process them in batches when they get around to it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Marko seems like a nice guy and in a recent email says hes begining to get more time to run the site, I think he said hes replied to all the applicants now and the siteshould now be up and running more smoothly.

ollie
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
355 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
Yep, sounds like he finally got enough time and did a mass applicant review. I applied a few months ago. It alsmost sounds like the whole queue got emptied (wonder how much caffeine was involved?). I agree, it's a great site. Worth the wait just to read "Our Magic" (which I have now done).

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
Utrecht (the netherlands)
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
I hope he didn't miss my post then if the queue got emptied. But I have only emailed a couple of months ago. So I shall be patient and really happy if I get acces.
MWG_T_H_O_M_A_S
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of MWG_T_H_O_M_A_S
TLP, what a site.

Well worth the waiting time, although saying that I only waited a few days which was impressive as id heard the waiting list was a long time.

Tom
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
They must have more time to work on it these days. I applied yesterday after reading this thread. I just logged on this morning and I've got my password. I'm in too!!

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
Got mine also with 1 day, maybe he does the reveiws once in a while and were we just lucky that we applied late LOL
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
I'm not a member at the Learned Pig, but I found this site that is supposed to be a mirror of it: http://sky.prohosting.com/fizbin/athenaeum/magos/mirror.html . Does it have everything that the Learned Pig contains?
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
Wow, that's a lot of material... I'm going on a reading frenzy right now.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I got in! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL