The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dvd reviews. Cutting Edge:Cards And Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
OK... A brief review... The first is Cutting edge: Cards and Coins by John Born and Jason Dean... $60.00 U.S.A. money.. But that is for a 3 dvd set and there are places online that discount it...

On with the magic..

The One Handed Card Trick... This is a VERY commercial piece of work! A simple Charlier one handed cut allows you to work a miracle for your audience!

The Vanishing Lesson... A total blast to perform, ez to do and way out of proportion on the work/reaction ratio.

Translocation Reborn... Coin work to die for! And once again, amazingly simple... Translocation is a John Kennedy original and what John Born has done with it is Great!

Trans Knee Cation... Wow! I love this one... Translocation performed on your legs! No Table or crouching on the floor..

There is a ton of other excellent material on this set of DVD's... But they are well worth your investment, so look into them ASAP...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I too think the set is great. You get a lot of great stuff for your money.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
There have been several reviews of this set on the Café, but I agree with this set being worth the money. Best money I have spent on magic in a long time. Both these guys are great and very nice gentlemen.
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Doomo I think you left out one thing that was good.

its not a trick but advice jason dean and john born give on the 3 fly routine. if you watched it you know what I am talking about.
ripcurl21
View Profile
New user
California
28 Posts

Profile of ripcurl21
Ive been thinking about getting this dvd... hmmmm...
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
The 3rd dvd with the Jam Session is worth the price you pay. They go over so much on there and leave a lot open for you to play around with. These are also two great guys that give credit where credit is due. Going through the dvds you learn a ton of magic history. Anything the J-Team puts out I will be owning!
Dan Cullen
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
How would this dvd set be for someone that's a 'hobbyist' that's only been into magic less than a year?
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 17:37, Corey Harris wrote:
There have been several reviews of this set on the Café, but I agree with this set being worth the money. Best money I have spent on magic in a long time. Both these guys are great and very nice gentlemen.

I totally agree....jason and john are two of best magicians out there and there dvd's reflect this Smile
shazzy
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of shazzy
Great magic, Excellent teaching, aswell excellent music.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 23:54, the74rock wrote:
Doomo I think you left out one thing that was good.

its not a trick but advice jason dean and john born give on the 3 fly routine. if you watched it you know what I am talking about.

I left out that as well as a bunch of other excellent stuff. Just a great set of DVD's in my opinion. For the hobbyist or the hard core worker.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
You paid $60 I've seen it for $50 U.S.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
whiteboy0
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of whiteboy0
Not impressed.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I agree that the Jam Session is great. I'm actually stealing Jason Dean's "Sending the coin back in time..." line for discovering a coin behind the watch for the end of my Silver Copper Brass routine.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 20:49, cfrancis wrote:
I agree that the Jam Session is great. I'm actually stealing Jason Dean's "Sending the coin back in time..." line for discovering a coin behind the watch for the end of my Silver Copper Brass routine.

Yeah, I must agree, the jam session disk has a load of good stuff on it!

www.rfaproductions.com
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
You can add my name to the list of those happy with this purchase.
It was actually much better than I had hoped for and very nice variety of materials and ideas for the money.
Nick Zender
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2005-04-22 20:08, ripcurl21 wrote:
Ive been thinking about getting this dvd... hmmmm...

I didn't really like the Cutting edge cards and coin set. I like matrix type effects and was a bit disappointed with how few were covered on the dvds. I have matrix God's way and think it is much more interesting. I guess it is all in what you are looking for.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2005-04-25 17:28, Jeremy L. wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the set off ebay still shrink wrapped for $10 plus shipping. I'm glad I didn't pay full retail price for it because I didn't use one effect off
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 19:31, paso8396 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 17:28, Jeremy L. wrote:

I got the set off ebay still shrink wrapped for $10 plus shipping. I'm glad I didn't pay full retail price for it because I didn't use one effect off any of the three dvds. Matrix God's way is much better IMO.

You missed some incredible stuff. Sometimes, in multiple DVD sets, it's overwhelming to watch and the "microwave" we gotta have it now thinking gets in the way, There ar enough things to build a solid reputation with.
~Joe
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
It isn't that I think the material is garbage it just didn't have the type of routines that I use. If you do stand up coin work John born is awesome, I just prefer working on a pad doing matrix routines.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi Paso...

Translocation ReBorn and BQM are both routines designed for the mat very much worth noting from the DVD set. However, my book Matrix God's Way is more focused for your taste and and for those doing the barehanded matrix. I wanted to keep the material on the two projects separate and fresh. The DVD set is a great deal for the general close-up magician wanting a greater variety of routines. There are new sleights introduced, new ideas applied to old classics, as well as very commercial routines featured on three packed DVDs for less than the price one would pay for 2. We have more projects coming out in the future, and if you have any qualms or questions about what may be on them when the time comes just send an e-mail and ask - therefore you are not disappointed in buying the wrong product. Sounds like you were looking for something that was clearly not even offered on any description of the DVDs, and want to express disappointment for that? Paying $10 and complaining is kind of an insult. For those that want to know what is featured, you can view full reviews at online-visions.com as well as coinvanish.com.

John B. Born
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
My favorite was the Jam Session part of the DVD. The DVD was money well spent. Recommended for both card and coin workers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Dvd reviews. Cutting Edge:Cards And Coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL