The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Summer Promoting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I'm moving to a new town just for the summer, and realized I'll lose all my business here, but might get a few shows where I'm going. I do kid's shows primarily. How would you promote yourself somewhere if you're only going to be there for 4 months? Do you print "Here from 5/5 - 9/5" on the back of your business cards? How do you book shows in a place you're only living for 4 months?Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
My flyer would say "Now returning from a tour including such places as (city just lived in!!!) Whateveryounameis will be performing HERE during the months of May, thru August!!!

A little (no a lot) of hype but it may work.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Also make sure you have an entertainer ready for bookings in your original home town.

Because if they call up and your not there- they will never call again- so get a good entertainer even if you make a small commission- you will keep the contact for later.

All those offers spring to mind
Limited Time only, on tour etc.

Good luck
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Great suggestions! It's tough to balance, but I want people in the new town to realize that I'm a professional magician, well established, even though I''m only there for four months! Thanks for the tips!
puppetshows
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of puppetshows
You may want to try investing in some 4x6 postcards with the promotional suggestions mentioned already and direct mail them to pre-schools, daycare centers, family services organizations, day camps, churches, etc. Then follow up with some phone calls. Just an idea. Good luck!
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
If you have an answering machine for your phone, you need to include information about your absence on it, some good wishes and when you'll be back (I know it's bad for burglaries and such as people know you're absent, but you risk 'bad will' otherwise).

I think that if you leave that message, you'll avoid the 'bad will' situation where people will say "He should have told us he was away".

Just my two cents...
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Summer Promoting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL