The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Aubrey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Whatever happen to him too??
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Aubrey died in the late 80's I believe. His real name was James Crabe and he worked on many movies his last ones were the first two Karate Kid movies.

I have him on video doing card manipulation, billard balls and I believe a cut and restored rope. He was very good.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Hopefully maybe some of the older members on here who may have seen him or knew him can give a bit more information on Aubrey. I only have the one video of him and would love to see more.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He was an excellent manipulator and a charming performer. He went into film making, directing and was not seen doing much magic and then passed away way too soon.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Thanks Pete. I agree his manipulation was excellent. I had never seen him before I recieved the video and I was very impressed with what I had seen.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
There is quite a bit of footage of the late James Aubrey Crabe, A.S.C., performing illusions and some manipulation on the 4 volume video set of the magic-related segments from tv's "You Asked For It" (Circa 1950s). These tapes, sold by William H. McIlhany, showcase many other interesting performers including Jose Frakson, Kuda Bux, Owen McGiveney, Arthur Buckley, Dante, and Charles "Think-A-Drink" Hoffmann.

Levent
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Paul Osborne owns Aubrey's props and illusions - all of which Aubrey built himself and were painted by his Dad - who worked as an animation artist in Hollywood. Beautiful stuff.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Folks, I just came back from Portland, OR, where Mr. Charvet did a KILLER effect... the VANISH of a live horse on stage... wow, what a beauty. As MC, however, I was ready with a large shovel and broom, but didn't need it.

Great job David... and I love your '39 Cad parked out front!

It was Kramien's 80th Birthday and 18th Annual Northwest Jamboree... a GREAT TIME was had by all... see upcoming coverage in MAGIC magazine (Stan Alan was there)!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Aubrey (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL