The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Different levitations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
Well basically I can do 3 levitations but I want to know some more because I don't know the best ones around, I know Balducci, that one with a jacket and another one I have forgotten the name of, so any comeback will be great
If you don't want to reveal the secret in the forum then either send me a private message or e-mail me

Florian Smile
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
There is one called King Levitation by the ellusionist.com, I bought it, it's good for the price ($17) but I don't use it much.
You can only use it for about 4-6 people, the angles are a little better than the Balducci levitation.
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Hey Florian,
I know the King Rise stuff. Great levitation... Corey did a good job on this one! You can go to Ellusionist and check it out. http://www.ellusionist.com

Best Regards,
Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Best impromptu (no gimmick) levitation ever...stand sideways to spectators (5-6). Both shoes come way off the ground, MUCH higher than the balducci. My boy here in Kansas City, Jason Dean has worked up amazing subtleties. Incredible method and extremely visual. Will fry any balducci bouncer...
Derek P. Moore
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
53 Posts

Profile of Derek P. Moore
This sounds similar to what most people call The King Rising levitation. Is it the same?

King Rising isn't really that hard to figure out. Instead of paying $17 for some downloadable video, save that money for something better. Sit down to breakfast some morning and think really hard about it. It should be super easy to figure out. We all know that magic is fake, so just start with what you know you can assume and work backwards. Smile

With King Rising, it's pretty obvious.
Look how easy it is to reverse engineer another's magic. You'll find you tend to learn a lot more about magic approaching it in this manner. It also helps you to be a bit more innovative and inventive.
All my posts are anti-copyright 2002 by myself. No rights reserved. Plagiarism is encouraged. Intellectual property is an oxymoron.
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
Balducci levitation and king rising are good! They are very similar.
-aka-
Phoenix
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Try this... Try using the method behind the (I believe) King Rising levitation. Wear black shoes, black socks, black pants, and have a black jacket on (tuxedo with tails is best). Take the jacket off, and whatever side of you that is not facing the audience, hold the jacket on that side, against your waist. (Are you catching the black art principle)? Do the levitation like this and not only do you get an extremely high lift without worry of exposing, but it is soo amazing looking!

Johnny B Smile
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Is the levitation with the Jacket good?

Would any of you (Trow?) choose the Jacket levitation over the Balducci levitation?
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
With the levitation that I am describing, the jacket does not cover the body in any way. The levitation can be done without it. It is used as a black "backdrop" to create an up-close black art principle making the levitation even cleaner and more impossible (visually), while expanding the angles and eliminating worry of exposing the method.
Just a thought... Smile

Johnny B
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Oh thanks!

That tip is amazing, I will definitely try the 'black art' principle next time.

I was referring to a jacket levitation that I saw at Penguin Magic called M.U.S.L.E by Verne Mcarthy shown here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=5

For any of you who know of it, is the effect convincing. Will the jacket and shoes look to be too far forward or misaligned with the upper body?

Also, is it difficult to setup and un-setup so to speak without the spectators noticing that you are fumbling with something?
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It appears to alter the total height of the perfomer slightly.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
Johnny B that is an excellent tip, I love it! Surely only your socks and jacket need to be black - the contrast of light coloured shoes against the jacket would make it look better in my mind.

I actually independently invented the king rising about three years ago. As soon as I started doing the Balducci it seemed an obvious thing to me.
DarkPhreak
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DarkPhreak
All I know is that I am not taking my shoes off in public to do a levitation or anything lol so... Smile
DarkPhreak

www.DP-magic.tk

"theres only 3 types of people in this world, people who can count and people who can't"
cardsleight1120
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of cardsleight1120
hi, the M.U.C.L.E levitation you were refering to is not that good, I would not recommend getting it because, when you see it in person it doesn't look that real. Hope that helps man.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
Kings levitation IMO adds to the Balducci. You need to be quite bold about your angles though in both. You'll get a higher rise with Corey Kings.
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
with the musle it seems hes getting shorter not floating
ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
Don't forget Steve Fearson's milk crate levitator, a dynamite street levitation. There is a fellow in New York City working the subway stations and other public places with this. He uses the "Watch Me Float" sign idea from Steve's instructions. Very, very nice.
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Overall what levitation is the best?

I really need to know. Smile
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
81 Posts

Profile of peng
Balducci and King Rising both have its respective strong points. Balducci needs no
"additional" moves. They should complement each other.

As for reverse-engineering other people's effect, yes that can be done -- sometimes, even easily. However, CREATING such effect is the tough part. And I respect the effort from the originator.
Peng
Mystify
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Mystify
M.U.S.L.E is definitely not worth it. The Wild Levitation from Wild Magic looks the same and is a lot cheaper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Different levitations (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL