The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Cards, Cards, Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
For quite a while now, I have been struggling with where to put my deck of cards when I leave the house. I didn't have any room in my inside jacket pocket since that's where I keep my wallet. So, I was forced to put them in my side jacket pockets.

The big problem there was that the card box would get beat up really fast. With all of those keys and coins and other stuff in there, the card box didn't stand a chance. Now, you may think I'm being overly picky but I just don't like starting a card sequence by pulling out a ratty case. In my mind, it just doesn't look right.

But I think I may have found the answer! I was in an electronics store the other day and I picked up a case that was designed to hold a small digital camera on a person's belt. The size was perfect for one deck of cards. It also had a couple of little elastic holders in it for extra memory cards. I figure these holders might come in handy to hold things like Hot Rod or Color Changing Knives.

The case only cost about six dollars and looks fairly natural when you are walking around. If this actually works for me, I will probably install my thread boss into the case as a semi-permanent hookup.

Just thought I'ld share.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Whats the case made of..is it a solid case or made of cloth?
The Presitidigitationist
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It is a solid leather case that attaches and detaches from your belt using a velcro strap.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Regular decks of cards are disposable and the cards won't last forever, pulling cards out of a leather case or a card guard screams I really love my cards and I take good care of them because maybe their special to a spectator.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-04-27 10:24, magicman845 wrote:
It is a solid leather case that attaches and detaches from your belt using a Velcro strap.

Kent

There is the argument that having a leather card case says that there is something special here. However, that is exactly the message I want to send. The use of exotic custom made leather card cases remove them from the pool hall to something a gentleman uses.

If that does not fit your act it is a mistake. Likewise, if it does fit your image, it is merely a case of being in character. It's the difference between drinking beer from a glass or a can. Each is appropriate under the right conditions.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Hmm .. I never thought about the subliminal message a case might send to the spectators. I guess this is because the tricks I do with the cards do not require any gaffs and the spectators handle the cards quite a bit during the routine.

The point is well taken, however, if anyone is using gaffs. I guess in that situation, every "convincer" available should be used.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Cards, Cards, Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL