The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The 50 post dash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3402 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I found that once you get to the "Secret Sessions" it is a place where you can find out how much you really don't know!

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Quote:
On 2005-04-23 07:20, rikbrooks wrote:

3) Recognize and respect for rights of the creators, inventors, authors, and owners of magic concepts, presentations, effects and literature, and their rights to have exclusive use of, or to grant permission for the use by others of such creations.

Ok I can understand this to an extent. But from some things I have read on the Café here, this is getting way out of hand. It's like 100x worse than the RIAA or MPAA ever will be....I do magic for the fun of it, not so I can make billions of dollars (clearly an exaggeration) for selling a new method of spreading cards. Geez, I'm beginning to be afraid that if I fan my cards the wrong way that someone is gonna come bust my door down and take me to court for a million bucks. It's such a turnoff.

And you were correct. I was not aware of the "Magician's code of ethics." Who exactly came up with this code, and what is making me keep it? (Not that I plan on breaking it.) Respect is probably a very good reason. When the masked magician was on TV, I didn't really understand the reasoning for why he didn't want to show himself. Now I do. But heres another question. If nobody is to reveal secrets, then how are people supposed to learn. And we wonder why magic is a dying art! Everyone is too worried about their rights and ownership and "not exposing the secret." I play around with my cards, and come up with little things to add to my list of tricks, but these tricks have probably already been copyrighted by someone else. I guess my point is, theres too much crap going on now to have any fun with magic anymore. If ignorance is what it takes for me to enjoy the magic I do, then I will stay ignorant.

I trust that after reading this post, that even though you may not respect my decisions as a magician, that you will still respect me as a person. That's all I ask.
The Presitidigitationist
Leon of PrimRose
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
69 Posts

Profile of Leon of PrimRose
Lol. It is true, but don't they have people always checking posts and deleting ones like that?
Being forgotten is worse than death

There was never anything but life...life and death...Good...Evil...It all depends on how you look at life... and death. The strong, the weak. It's all just a concept.

Believe the unbe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The 50 post dash (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL