The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » THE PASS with Randy Wakeman DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Both points are valid, but often people say we worry to much about things that don't matter as a cop out for working on our magic.

the hands come together which does draw attention to the deck. I return the card to the deck via a spread, so the hands coming together is natural. as my patter continues, the deck is squared, pass is compleated, and hands return to a more natural position. this takes no more then 3 seconds, is soft, movtivated, and no longer suspicious. Its natural.

so my question to mr wakeman stands: how do you justify to your audiances the akward/eggagerated motion?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Mr Wakeman???
Yours,

Ivan
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm polite!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
I think he may of finally got that coffee mug from Steve. I'm sure his break will be over soon.

S.W.
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Are there passes on this DVD for those of us who's hands can barely cover a Top P**m much less cover most passes?

:bluebikes:
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
I was just wondering, on the penguin promo it shows you doing a lot of passes that have exaggerated or unatural actions for cover, such as the up-down motion you use in your classic

I believe you are referring to the 360 degree Riffle Pass. The title refers not to the action, but to the notion that it can easily be done surrounded.

The amount of movement for a given pass depends on the venue. Naturally, what would be perceived as an overly broad motion for intimate close-up could be viewed as little from a platform or stand-up performance.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
so my question to mr wakeman stands: how do you justify to your audiances the akward/eggagerated motion?

If something is awkward-looking, then I have chosen the wrong technique for the specific application.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2005-05-02 21:52, Jeremy L. wrote:
Are there passes on this DVD for those of us who's hands can barely cover a Top P**m much less cover most passes?

Tan Hock Chuan Pass
Randy Wakeman Spread Pass #1 & #2
360 Degree Riffle Pass
Dribble Dribble Pass
End Tap Pass #1
One Handed End Tap Pass
Top Card Cover Pass
Belt Buckle Shift
Bobble Pass
Paul LePaul Turnover Pass

Hand size has nothing to do with the above.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Thanks Randy!
Review anyone?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What else do you wish to know, Jeremy? There is not much more to say. There are not any effects here. So that's basically it. You have to put your time and the DVD is nicely made. I recommend it.
Yours,

Ivan
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quality, teaching, camera angles ect. the small details.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
froggyman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of froggyman
What company put this out?
Froggy
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Magic Makers Inc...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Yes this dvd is superb! There was so much to learn from this dvd, I never really understood the proper techniques for many of the passes until I got this. Great dvd!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » THE PASS with Randy Wakeman DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL