The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » David Blaine's illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
My $.02....

I have to agree with Peter. Even though I do have to say that Blaine does a very good job of convincing his spectators [the T.V. Audience I mean...NOT the people on the street] that what they see IS magic. In that regards he is a very good magician. However if you want to perform exactly what you see Blaine do on his T.V. Specials, you had better be able to foot the bill for a good Stage crew, audience plants, film crew, EXPENSIVE props, an editing crew...(You get the point.)

If you want to know where to start I suggest either J.B.Bobo's 'Modern Coin Magic' or Hugard/Braue 'The Royal Road to Card Magic'.
I gaurantee you'll find a few routines in these books that will floor you're audience with some dedicated practice. Who knows, maybe someday you could have you're own T.V. special.

-Jlareau
:bluebikes:
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
Greenman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Greenman
I agree that David is a good showman. I will also say, though, that you can learn many of his tricks from books just like David did. (the two that jlareau mentioned are great, I own both of them). The point is, David didn't invent the stuff, he just presents it. To a large audience, I might add.

-Greenman Smile
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Quote:
On 2003-03-01 09:18, Greenman wrote:
I agree that David is a good showman. I will also say, though, that you can learn many of his tricks from books just like David did. (the two that jlareau mentioned are great, I own both of them). The point is, David didn't invent the stuff, he just presents it. To a large audience, I might add.

-Greenman Smile

the same could be said for DC
never try, never know
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » David Blaine's illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL