The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Credit for a Hofzinser force variant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tiberius magus
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tiberius magus
I'm looking for any history available (written or word-of mouth) on a force which is probably best understood as a variant on the Hofzinser. Unlike the handling in common usage today where the spread on the right is squared and the selected card shown, or in Hofzinser's original handling where the whole spread is raised to a vertical position in order to allow the spectator to see their card, in this variation the card is turned over in its same position in the spread from where it was chosen. Obviously, it is only useful in cases where it's okay for the magician to see the card. This handling is of my own invention, but I strongly suspect that others have done something similar/identical before since every move makes good psychological sense, and I'm eager to direct credit properly.

sincerely,
Tiberius Magus
tiberius magus
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tiberius magus
Perhaps I should add that I can provide a video clip of an effect that uses the move which will greatly elucidate it to anyone who is interested. I'm just being a little purposefully vague to avoid giving too many clues on the actual method.

sincerely,
Tiberius Magus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I posted this to TM in detail, for the curious, here is the content without exposure:

I happened to use a varient of the Hofzinser spread method in context to force an odd backed card. The handling is done from a face up deck. What can I say beyond that I was a silly person back in the late 1970s. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Credit for a Hofzinser force variant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL