The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » T.T. and strolling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Sorry - it was a joke only a few people would get.

I was talking about the thought transmitter.

I thought it was funny,

Simon
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
Quote:
I´m a T.T.beginner and I feel I´m gonna love this tool but I wonder if it isn´t a bit dangerous in strolling and restaurant situations considering the short distance between gests and me.And there is also the side view (the profile view) problem .Should I keep the T.T.for other situations where the T.T.would be more invisible?

I have been using mine for over 20 years now and have never, ever been caught. I do small affairs and stroll from table to table or small group, etc. "They don't know about a thumb tip" just act natural. Wear it often around the house, pretty soon it will be just like wearing a ring - un-noticable. I use a couple, pre-loaded in my pocket. I even have an extra long one to hold a big load - it is really long, but no one ever sees it. Keep the hands moving and never look at it, practice, practice, practice. ~MagicAl~
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
20 years and never been caught? That´s very encouraging, it means it is very much "invisible". By now I´m having a technique problem: the "one hand pull of" of the TT. I find impossible to do it in a fast unnoticeble way. Needs some misdirection to cover the move. Anyway,things are getting better but its not easy.

thanks for the tips
Fernando
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Why get rid of it fast?
Be casual and ditch it as you go into your pocket for the next trick.
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Quote:
On 2005-04-30 19:02, Jaz wrote:
Why get rid of it fast?
Be casual and ditch it as you go into your pocket for the next trick.

Jaz, the move I´m talking about is pull it off and palm it and then put it back again in the same T.All done with the same hand.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2005-04-30 19:14, Quart wrote:

Jaz,the move I´m talking about is pull it off and palm it and then put it back again in the same T.All done with the same hand.

Not every one is that flexible. I know I'm not.
If your getting a 'vacumn effect' when trying to get it off, putting a small hole in the tip has been suggest here at the Café'.
Maybe you have it on too tight or just need more practice.
GaMBiT_101
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide
146 Posts

Profile of GaMBiT_101
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 16:51, Quart wrote:
That´s what I thought Jaz.So I can conclude that relying on a t.t.for an entire routine is not doable.unless...
unless I keep a number of t.t.´s preset,like a cowboy with the bullets on a belt arround his body.Mabe there is in the market a kind of t.t. holder for this porpose.but I never heard about it,its just an idea.
Fernando

There is an invention here in Australia, the guy who makes them doesn't do many now because they're diffcult to make. Its not a generic TT Holder, it needs to be specially fitted to your TT's. It comes in a double or single with an optional bill holder, that way you can be set for a bill swicth with one tip, and cig vanishes with another. A Tip on the cig vanish ( see what I did there) put alfoil or I think you guys call it aluminium foil, in the bottom of the thing, so when its vanished and still lit, you don't ash the end because it shows through.

The holder is called the C-Clip.
"Being able to do tricks, doesn't mean you're able to be Entertaining!"
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On 2005-04-30 20:44, GaMBiT_101 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 16:51, Quart wrote:
That´s what I thought Jaz.So I can conclude that relying on a t.t.for an entire routine is not doable.unless...
unless I keep a number of t.t.´s preset,like a cowboy with the bullets on a belt arround his body.Mabe there is in the market a kind of t.t. holder for this porpose.but I never heard about it,its just an idea.
Fernando

There is an invention here in Australia, the guy who makes them doesn't do many now because they're diffcult to make. Its not a generic TT Holder, it needs to be specially fitted to your TT's. It comes in a double or single with an optional bill holder, that way you can be set for a bill swicth with one tip, and cig vanishes with another. A Tip on the cig vanish ( see what I did there) put alfoil or I think you guys call it aluminium foil, in the bottom of the thing, so when its vanished and still lit, you don't ash the end because it shows through.

The holder is called the C-Clip.

Tell me more about the c-clip.
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Yes, it sounds interesting this c-clip. Is it purchasable? Where?
Fernando
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Young people tend to stick their whole thumb in. That is wrong. It should only go on the tip and fit snuggly and securely. Then it will be easy to manipulate. Get one the correct size or adjust it and you will be fine.

Kirk G
GaMBiT_101
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide
146 Posts

Profile of GaMBiT_101
The maker of the C-clips has put off making them for a while, though he is going to start again soon as he has more products coming out. But, keep in mind if you have a favourite TT, he needs to have it to make the holder fit. When the manufacturer starts again I'll post the details for anyone interested.
"Being able to do tricks, doesn't mean you're able to be Entertaining!"
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
I have also been sort of scared to use my thumb tip in close-up, nearly surrounded magic. My teacher wants me to do magic for the class and that's the first thing that comes to mind but there would be people in front of me and around the sides of me. I guess if I practice a lot it will be okay but it takes a lot of nerve to do it for the first time.

Jamie
-Jamie
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I, for one, am glad you're scared. That means you care about magic. Before you use it in a magical setting, walk around with one on wherever you go. Hold things up with your hand and ask questions. Point with your hand at things. Nobody notices. Once you're sick and tired of that, try a vanishing silk routine. Whjen you reveal the silk, you don't need to pull it all the way out, just part way will do.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
Quote:
On 2005-04-30 18:35, Quart wrote:
20 years and never been cought? That´s very encouraging,it means it is very much "invisible". By now I´m having a technique problem: the "one hand pull of" of the TT. I find impossible to do it in a fast unnoticeble way. Needs some misdirection to cover the move. Anyway,things are getting better but it's not easy.

thanks for the tips
Fernando

The best advice I can give you on misdirection is this. A big move (misdirection) will always hide a smaller move (doing something with your TT). People will watch the bigger move. ~MagicAl
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 06:21, Quart wrote:
One more thing: there´s so much instructional material about TT that makes difficult for one to choose. I allready own Darwin´s dvd, and like to purchase more material(books included)to have an idea of the full potencial of that tool.Any suggestions?
Fernando

"Rules of Thumb" video series 1, 2 and 3.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Thank you guys for the advice.
kihei kid, who´s the author? Does he teach routines? I have Darwin´s DVDs with lots of tricks but not routines. I´m looking for routines.
thanks again
Fernando
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Kevin James. You can get them from his website kjmagic.com and yes all 3 volumes which I highly recommend all have routines, but, just as important, they will instruct you on how to utilize it properly.

Another plus for these is you will get to see differnt Magicians ideas on the TT.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
gician
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of gician
A few years ago I heard of a routine Jeff McBride Shared at his lectures. The premise was that he produced a T.T. Streamer, tying it around a spectator's wrist ending with the idea that the spectator - (you) "are the MAGIC". I hope I didn't tip more than I should have, because I don't know if the routine is in print. I posted this because the routine as told to me ,must be a beautiful moment to witness. If anyone knows what I'm speaking of, please elaborate if possible. If the routine is published, please share the source. I would love to be able to perform it - and perform it correctly.
Thank you,

gician
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Quote:
On 2005-04-29 12:07, todsky wrote:
Quart, just get that little book by Milbourne Christopher: 'Fifty Tricks with a Thumb Tip'. Chock full of great ideas.

I'd second it wholeheartedly. The strange thing is, there are only 3 magic books in English here in The University of Taiwan, and Milbourne Christopher's great book is included!
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2467 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
My favorite use for a thought transmitter is to use it with an invisible deck. I have the spec write down their card with the justification that there is no forgetting or changing their mind. I have them close the TT and then I put a rubber band around it and do the work at the same time. Now they don't have to even name the card they turn over in the invisible deck. I showed my dad this and he said "scary."

-Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » T.T. and strolling (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL