The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Video clip size? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
I no I should not ask here but wanted to show you guys a card thing.
I do not know compters but I did a film clip it is only 10 seconds long after cutting it down to the min but it still is 8.75 mb and that magic video site only lets you go up to 5 mb. There are vids much longer timwise there so why is this short clip of mine so big in mb?

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Try to record it on Windows Movie Maker... I made a video with 5 minutes and it is 5 MB ... that's it.

But I don't know a lot about this...so another guy will answer your question better than i.

All the best,

:bluebikes: Mesquita Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks I will try.
This camera, a Sony, came with its own program Pixela. I will get my son to have a look later. I am hopeless sorry for asking.

Later

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Get a program called Virtual Dub and encode it to a different format...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
I can play it on windows media player but it still is 8.75 but not to worry I do know man who will help me later.

Thanks for the help

Tommy

Tommy
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Go to Microsoft.com and download the Windows Media Encoder program. It is free from microsoft and it will create .wmv files which should make your video about 90% smaller than it is right now. You can use the windows encoder program to make different file sizes. Typically you want to make the file dimensions 320 x 280 for viewing with a dsl or cable modem connection. If you have any more question pm me and I can send you more detailed instructions.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Encoding in Divx or Xvid will reduce the file size dramatically.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Video clip size? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL