The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Restaurant magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
So, I am sitting at this restaurant Saturday night. One of those dining partners says "do a trick with a french fry" I refused (tactfully) but what would you do?
PS I already wowed them with salt shaker through table and some other close up stuff.

Scott
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Get Mac King's book, it has a french fry trick in it (french fry up the nose), and I bet once you do it, they will never ask you to do another. LOL.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
Ok, I can see that with a mcdonalds fry, but what about one of those jumbo steak house frys?
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
If I didn't feel like doing a trick I would eat it and make it disappear.

If those steak fries are firm and not covered with catsup maybe a cigarette vanish and reproduction.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
By you doing a trick that they wanna see with an object of their choosing your taking away a peice of your control over the situation and therefore are a servant to their wish you shoulda said something like the french fry trick can get really messy so let me try something with this...by doing something like that you are now back in control.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
991 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
If they want to see a trick with a french fry, then do a trick with the french fry. If you are a magician, then you are a magician and should be able to do nearly anything with anything. I believe it was Jeff McBride who said if you're a magician, then be one 24/7.

So, one idea would be to cover the french fry with your napkin (with a load behind the napkin) and as you whisk the napkin away, replace it with your hamburger or even your shoe. The french fry could still be in your palm but unseen because it would be under the larger object.

Turn those mind's wheels.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
You could just do a simple cigarette vanish and reproduce it from your nose.
and the "up the nose" trick, I tried it even with my cordless phone.
still worked. xD
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
You don't need magic, all you need is confidence. Still knowing magic helps you out from time to time.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Do the up the nose trick then reproduce it still from your nose then offer it to the one who suggested the trick. Then if they won't accept it then you eat it.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
111 Posts

Profile of Elputty
If you're lucky, you might have some invisible elastic loops or an ITR, and make it move around on the table. If not, maybe just lap it to make it dissapear, then go into a Slydini one coin routine with an Imp pass =)

But seriously, I'd probably lap it, then say it jumped back on the plate (full of other fries). If they don't believe you tell them you'll do it again if they sign the french fry. If they really sign it, you might want to think about getting some new friends or buying the next round of drinks.

Adam
(PS maybe work out a torn and restored routine?)
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Then after they sign the fry do the signed fry in pen cap trick! Smile
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12089 Posts

Profile of John C
As professionals can't we just say no when we feel like it?
Or, maybe hand them the fry and say,"here, you do a trick."

What other profession has to perform their trade on demand?

John "just say no" Cesta
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Scott
In my humble opinion you should always controle the rythem of your performance, never be like a trained seal that does tricks on demand. If you come with a certain number of tricks you either stop when you loose their attention, or stop when you run out of tricks. At that time you take the french fry, shove it in your mouth, show them your hands are empty, and take a big bow.
END OF FREE SHOW
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Even if it's a largish fry, stick up your nose (yeah, it's gross), but NEVER reproduce it! lol!
Not something you'd want to do at a classy joint though...

Jgeist did this when we were out with friends, it was hilarious! (really)

What about false transfer (RV), then rub the empty (supposedly holding a fry) hand at your stomach: "It passes right through to my stomach."
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Oh this 'el be cool. stick the fry in your mouth and act like your trying to light it. when the look at you strangly go "oh sorry I could have sworn the were a cig." the rub it in you hand and pull it out as a cig.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
111 Posts

Profile of Elputty
It would be pretty neat if you did look like you were trying to light it, cupping it in both hands. You would have plenty of cover to switch it for a real cigarette, which could be a pretty cool transformation.

Adam
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You know when I was 13 years old I was smoking a pack of french fries a day. Kids today are very colesterol concious.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
If you know "Sugar Shocker" from Greg Wilson's "Off The Cuff", you could do the charisma change to change the fry to something else, like a coin, or a mint (or anything else you may have in your pocket).

Adam
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Yeah, and do it with patter something along the line of:

"I can't do a trick with a french fry, but I CAN do one with a (insert name of item you turn the fry into)"

And go right into the next trick with said object.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
298 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Hey Scott,

Take the fry and lay it on a napkin... place another napkin on top... then pound it with your fist several times... lift the napkin to reveal mashed potatoes!!! Then look them in the eyes and ask, "...Do you have any gravy for these mashed potatoes?"
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Restaurant magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL