The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Restaurant magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20378 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I feel if indeed we are magicians 24/7 (a premise with which I wholeheatedly disagree) at least be a professional magician. Why bring down your value by attemting something that you have NEVER done only to prove something to someone who challenged you? If you want to be always on then certianly you should at least carry some professional tricks with you to do so. By being "on" constantly you really set yourself up for failure.

Best of luck

Danny
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
"I'm terribly sorry, but my parents taught me not to play with other people's food. Not to mention that the Health Department frowns on the staff directly handling the food once it leaves the kitchen and the Chef gets really upset when we do." If they insist, look at them and say, "Do you really want to antagonize a guy with a meat cleaver THIS BIG?" if they continue to insist, "who used to work for the Post Office?" (or was in Special Forces, played professional football, uses steroids, or has a bad case of road rage)...

You get the idea... Handling the guest's food is never a good idea. If the other tables see you doing it, they will NOT want you to visit THEM! Trust me on this!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Magic Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Sam
As you're thinking on it, take another fry and bite half, keeping the other half concealed. Now do torn and restored french fry. I do this _all the time_ and it absolutely kills. You could follow up with the classic "shake vanish of a match", and show the fry reappeared in your mouth.

Normally, I would say no to a request to "do something with this", or even "do some magic". I normally ask "what do you do?" (eg electrician) then say "all right, fix my fridge and I'll show you a trick", just to show them how absurd it is to work on command.
Magic is like a party in your eyes, where everyone's drunk and breaking the furniture
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I agree that a performer shouldn't be like a trained seal. The performer should turn down some requests, because the performer is supposed to be an artist - someone who knows what's worth performing. Otherwise, why does the audience need him?

I might eat the fry, remark about how good it is and start eating the rest of their fries. That'll teach 'em. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Restaurant magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL