The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David begs for free stuff - ;) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

I am about to decorate my office/practise room and would love as many peoples posters, postcards and flyers as possible to frame and display. The more the better. I would like to cover the whole larger wall if I can.

If you have anything you could donate to this very worthwhile cause I would be delighted, and of course I will be happy to send you a poster, flyers etc of my own in return.

You can email me at: david@thefreakshow.co.uk for my address. It might take me a couple of days to respond as I am performing in China for two weeks from tommorow.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
David
Please provide a postal address or PM this to me. Thanks
Cindi
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Good luck with the China job. I guess they found a suitable helicopter?

Mick
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Having sent out a few posters and pictures, I'd like to ride on David's shirt tales and ask shamelessly if anyone has promo pictures and/or posters I'd love to receive one from you. My large family room is becoming lined with cuffs but one area is reserved for pictures, etc of Escape Artists.

So, if you would be so kind it would be greatly appreciated. If you want to autograph whatever you send, even better.

Thanks!

Clyde
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Clyde. I will send some stuff to you. I still have your address. (Just hope it wont take as long as the cuffs. :o))

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Thanks Wolf! Anyone else? Cindini? Ms. Morgan? David? Helen? Rick? Mick? Steve? Other Steve? Riley? Dr. Wilson? Mark? Kevin/Kristin? Gunnerson? Other Mark? Don? Perry? Tony? (oops, got Tony's already... thanx!) ......... I won't name everyone... each one is greatly appreciated. Remember, your picture will be surrounded with restraints and handcufss (aboutr 175 presently) and pictures of the old originals including Houdini. Of course the ladies get prime locations. Smile

Thanks!

Clyde
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Want yours to please Clyde.
Wolflock
South Africa
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Clyde
Would be glad to send you my latest show Poster for the escape I recently performed at the Old Jail in St Augustine Florida along with some other materials. Please provide your address in a PM or e mail.
Regards

Cindi
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Hey great! Thanks Cindi! For whoever is interested:

Clyde Mighells
64 Beechwood Road
Falls Creek, PA 15840

All pictures, posters and autographs greatly appreciated! Smile

Clyde
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Guys

Just a quick note to thank Cindini for the stuff that arrived this morning. Lovely Smile

I will be sending stuff to everyone who has asked for it on Monday morning, I just got some poster tubes today and the post office is now closed until then.

Thanks again, anyone else want to send something? I have some great posters featuring Martin & me to send to those that want them Smile

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I'm in the throes of putting together my promo pack at the moment (including a couple of free shows I'm doing at the end of the month for showreel tapings, the preparations for which are taking up a lot of my time and nerves at the mo), so I've got a few pictures/flyers etc. to send to whomever wants them. Clyde, I'll get it in the mail ASAP. David, likewise; could I have your addy please? Smile
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
David. Cant remember if I sent you my Address. Will send it on Monday if I have not. Thank you.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
David
Glad Ya' liked it. Please add me to your mailing list too pleassssse.

C. Morrison
P.O. Box 2371
Palm Bch, FL 33480-2371
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Oh yeah.. my own address (for anyone who wants to trade pictures and David and Clyde in particular) is;

Helen Held
3 Abbey Mount
Kirkstall
Leeds
West Yorkshire
England
LS5 3DQ

I'll mail off my stuff on Tuesday, when I can get to the post office.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
All this chat about posters and printing has led me to the question of where you guys get your printing done. As someone who is getting their publicity stuff together this kind of info would be really useful. Also, do you like to have real photos of you on the posters or do you use drawings etc?

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Ros,

I get my printing done at Staples, a chain of office supply and copying stores. The picture on the front is the picture of my back (my better side Smile ) hanging from a crane in a chained/locked strait jacket. I may go to an drawing since that seems to be more traditional. Time will tell.

Clyde
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Helen. I will send you some of my stuff in return for some of yours. :o)
But to all, I will have to place the sending off on Hold for a month or two as I am going over to the UK. Will sort things out when I have a set address there.
Thank you.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Clyde, I will get right on sending something out to you. David please PM me your address so I can send too you as well.
As for the "Where do you get printing done?: question....

For business cards http://www.Printsmadeeasy.com A really great site, you do everything online,upload photos if you want. Easy, fast and the cards are super, best of all, cheap! Got 300 cards, full color, glossy for $50.00 and that was with 2nd day shipping.

For just about anything else we use http://www.Printingforless.com I can't say enough about these people. I did a one sheet with them, sent the file on CD they e-mailed a proof and there was something wrong...they ended up calling and were on the phone over an hour working with John to fix it. They do great work.

And last..just found this site http://www.spotlightprinting.net I want to have give away lithos printed. They have some of the best prices I've seen. I'll be ordering this week so we'll see if there work holds up.

Hints for ordering printing online: Always get a proof! Online or hard copy, even if they charge you it's worth it.
Stay away from Vista print, they are really cheap but they suck! And they print there own wedsite info on your stuff.

okay..I'm done with the infomercial....Smile

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I'm still at the inkjet printer stage of my literature, when I've finally got my promo pack (and act) ready to go properly, in particular when I've got my showreel done (first of two tapings taking place in just over a week's time, the second a week after that Smile ) then I'll be scouting printers. In the meantime, my pack is still work in progress so I can put it about to get a feel for what's working and what isn't.

In that spirit, could I point out my current promo flyer, posted in PDF format at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/qskerry/hel......romo.pdf ; I'd very much appreciate any comments anyone has to make on it.

PS - the pictures I'm planning to send to those above who've requested them are larger versions of the photo on the back of the flyer, signed (natch) with a personal message for the recipient. If I get them done in time, I may include a Helen Banknote, personalised spoof currency I'm putting together for my Miser's Dream routine (I'm too mean to carry around suitable quantities of real money to use for MD). These will feature myself in suitably regal pose in the Queen's position on the front, and an illustration of Harry Houdini (who else?) on the back.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Helen,

Love the PDF of the promo stuff. It's going to be killer once you've got it all printed up. The only thing that I would possibly suggest changing it the use of the word "tricks" for one of your headings. It's just me being annoying, but to me saying that you are going to be performing tricks suggests something other than legit escapes. Even if you're not doing legit stuff I'm guessing that's the image you're trying to put across.

Anyway, apart from that I really like what you've put together and it has certainly helped me in the thinking process of putting my own stuff together.

Thanks,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David begs for free stuff - ;) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL