The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David begs for free stuff - ;) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Helen, I think your brochure is spectacular. I especially like the way you address the nature of your act, and audience interaction. The photos are quite appropriate, and overall I think, (with proper distribution) you will acheive success with them.

Rock On.

P.S. Pardon me for saying this, but the picture of you on the back, wearing thumb and handcuffs, almost makes me think you are female. (g)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Thanks guys Smile

Ros - fair point about the word "tricks" - maybe "stunts" would be more appropriate. I do a fair bit of magic in my act too and won't pretend to anyone that there's no trickery there, but my escapes are the McCoy; perhaps that word change will help make the distinction. Thanks for making the point.

Clyde - that bit about content of the act was by far the hardest part to write. There are a lot of very vulgar drag acts around who do go for shock above all else, and to avoid being tarred with that brush I wanted to make it clear that I was making an effort to offer more than that (I like to think I do classy drag Smile). Sayng so without either coming across as Ned Flanders in a dress or like I was apologising for my act was tricky (was it Bill Hicks that said never to apologise?) , but I think I've just about got the balance right; I suspect all bookers really want to know is that they can trust me to give a professional performance and not do anything stupid that they'll have to deal with afterwards - I know that's what I've appreciated most from acts when I've been involved in organising shows myself.
Handcuffs and thumbcuffs; essential accessories for enhancing femeninity! Smile
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Say what! Such a a pretty face and dress, and none of those designed colored Korean handcuffs anywhere! The shame!

I pretty much agree with all that's been offered so far -- nicely written and presented, Helen. Can your copy writer do as well for a straight act? If so, please send along my email.

But I do agree with Ros about changing that one title to read something other than "Tricks". The Show, The Act, The Performance, for example... Or, perhaps with the gay/drag theme, something like "Her Trix" might work? Too bad your name isn't Trixie, that would have been too good.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Helen,

Great promo! Describing an act is hard especially when you want to leave options open as you have done. I think you did it well and I hope you have spurred others on to get their info together as well.

Clyde
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Chance - I write all my own copy (and material), I'm a control freak! Smile I'd be delighted to be able to write for other performers too, drop me a line at helenheld@devilishdeeds.co.uk if you want to chat.
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
David
Thanks a Million for the eye catching and rather Bizarre Show Poster! I also like the fact that you are proud to present Tartan in your presentations. Obviously a Scotsman. Aye Ladd Smile

Cindi
( 5.1 miles west of "The Donald" )
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
David,

Thanks for the poster and other bits that you sent me. You now have a home next to Clyde and Derren.

Thanks,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
David,

I hope mine is on its way!?!?! THANK YOU to Cindini and Helen for the great posters! Any others? Pictures are appreciated too.... autograph them for me please and send them and I'll give you a place among the other greats!

Thanks!

Clyde
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Guys

Glad to hear the stuff has arrived. Clyde, yours was sent the same day as everyone elses. Let me know if it doesn't arrive soon and I will send it again.

To those that have sent me stuff, thank you again!

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
David. don't worry too much It took about three months for the cuffs I sent to clyde to reach him.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
David,

Great poster! Full color.. my, my! LOVE IT! Thanks to each one who has sent one. Again, even a shapshot of yourself would be greatly appreciated for my wall of fame.... Smile You'll be up there with the best!

Thanks again,

Clyde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David begs for free stuff - ;) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL