The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Greatest Collection of Magic Performances Ever Assembled on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Just got info about this from L&L's email newsletter. This sounds kinda cool, but it is performance only?

Contents are:

24 Performances from 24 of the Best Names in the Business:

Bill Malone - Ultimate Three-Card Monte
Jay Sankey - Leaving Home
Alex Elmsley - One Poor Lion
Al Schneider - Coins Across
Richard Osterlind - Signed Torn & Restored Newspaper
Daryl - Spectral Silk
Eugene Burger - Card in the Hat
Ted Lesley - The Spectator as Mindreader
Johnny Thompson - Coin in Bottle
Falkenstein & Willard - Gypsy Rope Mystery
Michael Ammar - Virginia City Shuffle
Max Maven - Contimental
David Regal - There & Back
Dan Harlan - Rubber Cuffs
Harry Lorayne - Magician vs Gambler
David Roth - The Planet
Mike Close - Dr. Strangetrick
Larry Jennings - Impossible
Jeff Sheridan - Card Manipulation
Michael Finney - NO / 1, 2, 3, 4
Jeff McBride - Linking Rings
Fernando Keops - Hand Mucking
Flip - Perfect Cut & Restored Rope
Tommy Wonder - Ambitious Card & Ring Box
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Well, the DVD is a free bonus that they send you with any order. I don't even think it is available for purchase separately. But in addition to all the performances, the Close and Jennings tricks are taught.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Nick, Thanks for the info.

I placed an order with L&L Publishing - just for the DVD! Smile

- Sam
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I just placed an order so I could get the DVD as well. I like performance only magic once in a while.
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
If I read the L& L add correctly, the dvd also includes the explanation for Dr. Strangetrick and another card trick. Seems like a great deal indeed.

Cheers,

Tiki
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
This DVD looks like it contains excerpts from each performer's L&L DVD/video. Sounds like some great routines.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 14:35, Tiki wrote:
If I read the L& L add correctly, the dvd also includes the explanation for Dr. Strangetrick and another card trick. Seems like a great deal indeed.

Cheers,

Tiki

The other trick is Larry Jenning's "Impossible". And I too think I might place an order just to get this dvd. I hope they make it a series of performances.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
The only person I don't recognize is Fernando Keops - Hand Mucking
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2005-04-29 00:36, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
The only person I don't recognize is Fernando Keops - Hand Mucking

Fernando Keops is an excellent card magician and card cheater from Mexico. Sure his part will be a killer.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Fernando Keops will release a dvd set in the next months, he is a master with cards!!!!!!!!!
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Shouldn't have L&L put this DVD out as a 4 DVD set?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This is a great marketing strategy by L&L, IMO. I mean who whouldn't want to know each performance explained in the 24 performance dvd? So here's my hat off to performance only dvd...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I rec'd my bouns dvd from L&L Publishing with my order. Well, does it make me want to order more dvds from L&L, perhaps... I particularly enjoy watching Max Maven's Contimental, Al Schneider - Coins Across, Daryl - Spectral Silk and Mike Close's Dr. Strangetrick (with explaination). It's great to see some of the master magicians in just one dvd. Some performances I've seen before or own the dvds - L&L has just put in your subconcious mind some of the dvds that L&L hopes to sell and you to buy!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Keops wrote a booklet called The Subtle Magic of Fernando Keops a few years ago.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Great DVD. Man, I love seeing performance only stuff. You learn so much about presentaton from it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

Hey, anyone else find that bill fold for Dr. Strangetrick really tough to do? I think it's a really nice version of card warp, but for some reason, I am not getting the bill fold right. Maybe I have some sort of folding dyxlexia. Oh, well, practice, practice, practice.

By the way, I must have watched Tommy Wonder's ambitious card routine on that dvd about seven times. It's so masterful. Vision of Wonder is next on my list.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Cfrancis
I agree with you, the Tommy Wonder`s ambitious card to box is my favorite in this dvd, and Vision of Wonder my next purchase too.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

I have his Tommy Wonder Video which has a truncated version of the routine on it. But he's doing it for a room of magicians who are a little reserved, so the routine, while still very good, doesn't quite pack the same emotional wallop. Also, his explanation is brief and he doesn't go into much detail. That's why I'm anxious to get the Vision of Wonder dvd. I don't want to do the routine, I just want to hear more about his methodology.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-04-29 14:16, Alejandro Peterson wrote:
Fernando Keops will release a dvd set in the next months, he is a master with cards!!!!!!!!!

The one performance I saw was a dog. Yes, he's an expert with cards. But so booooooooring.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-05-07 16:45, evolve629 wrote:
I rec'd my bouns dvd from L&L Publishing with my order. Well, does it make me want to order more dvds from L&L, perhaps... I particularly enjoy watching Max Maven's Contimental, Al Schneider - Coins Across, Daryl - Spectral Silk and Mike Close's Dr. Strangetrick (with explaination). It's great to see some of the master magicians in just one dvd. Some performances I've seen before or own the dvds - L&L has just put in your subconcious mind some of the dvds that L&L hopes to sell and you to buy!

Exactly! A great marketing strategy for sure!

BTW, it WORKED. I am now hungry for MORE and MORe of those DVDs.

Anyway, even if you don't order anymore form L&L, it was still an immensly enjoyable experience just watching the performances.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Greatest Collection of Magic Performances Ever Assembled on DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL