The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The difference between Men and Women (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10764 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My Apologies to Seth.......
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
I like this story a lot. It could be told as is (i.e. without an accompanying effect) - maybe as a lead-in to a routine (or routines) themed around relationships.

However, an image keeps popping in my head of a horseshoe clonking surrealistically onto the table as the lady in the story mentions that horse.

So, perhaps you tell the story toying with a circular 'pine-tree' scent from a car. On one side of this impregnated card is a picture of a steering-wheel and the name of a garage - on the other side is a neutral, straight-mouthed smiley face. You show the steering-wheel picture when the man is thinking, and the face when the woman is thinking, so as to distinguish between the two.

Of course, it is the circular 'pine-tree' that turns, unexpectedly, into that very solid horseshoe.

(It would also be possible, of course, to have the respective images on the 'pine-tree' changing with the story: the steering-wheel becoming more decrepit and the smiley face steadily less smiley. To be followed by the the final change into that jarring, unignorable horseshoe.)

Obviously, this needs a lot of work (!), but it feels like there is an effect in there somewhere.

Thanks for sharing.
-- QCiC --
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
You darn right there is an effect in this one! (READ. READ. READ.)

They're off and running with the horse origami. Caleb takes it on the first turn with the dancing horseshoe. Magic is intrinsic with this one. The story just GRABS!

And coming into the final stretch...

"She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft" was written by Tim DuBois (BMI), and was most likely popularized by Jerry Reed. It appears on the albumn Jerry Reed - Super Hits (RCA -- UPC 0-7863-67406-2-1) along with "Lord, Mr. Ford", "When You're Hot, You're Hot", and "East Bound and Down." Easily one of my favorites.

FWIW.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4049 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There are 2 main differences between men and women.

1) The 3 Stooges difference. No explanation necessary.

2) The cat difference. Women love cats. Men tell women they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick cats.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Last week I was walking past our cat and, as I tried to step around him he jumped to the side and I accidentally kicked him in the head.

Honestly, that's really how it happened.

Honestly.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4049 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Uh-huh....sure it was.... ;^)
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I like to put scott tapes on cat's as well as wet spaghetti around the cat's neck Smile It's fun to see how the cat try to get the stuff off...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4049 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Monty Python:

"Hello, Mrs. Premise."

"Hello, Mrs. Conclusion."

"Busy day?"

"Busy?!?! I just spent 4 hours burying the cat."

"4 hours to bury a cat???"

"Yes, it wouldn't keep still - wriggling about, howling..."
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
A channel (A&E I think) used to run commercials for Monty Python's Flying Circus late at night. One ran half of the "confuse-a-cat" sketch. At the end, the screen went black. Suddenly, words appeared on the screen. "Men, if your girlfriend laughed at this....marry her"

I always enjoyed that one.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4049 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A true classic, Irishguy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The difference between Men and Women (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL