We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Second call for a milk can escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello Rick!! I manufacture both trunks and milk cans and I find they both occupy about the same space.If you feel your trunk is to big and heavy won't the milk can also be a burden??
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Richard isn't the Milk Can a Bit Heavier then the Trunk. also the Milk Can is more Delicate.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hi Richard...
can you produce something for me as what appears in the link that Harry gave me ? I mean the "water cube of doom"...I like the small size, and the simplicity of it. I'd rather keep my money in Canada, NO CUSTOMS !!!

Richard, if you can produce something like that for me...we are in business...I'll PM you with my phone number if you wish to ask any questions.
I notice that cell locks with only 1 lock...I'd like 3...front and 2 sides...the back has a hinge, needless to say.

~Rick~
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Rick Richard Does Manufacture something like the Cube. but he calls it a Water Torture Tank please see Link. http://www.richardsherrysmagic.com/produ......pes.html
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
LOL...Donny, the cube is 22 inches square and 32 inches high. The WTC is what, maybe 5 or 6 feet high ? Quite a difference. But yes, they are in the same family. I'm looking for something compact that an old man like me can pick up (empty) and put it in the back of my wife's hatch back car.

Richard makes probably the best looking milk can I've ever seen. Owens is ok...but to "magic store prop" looking. The price is important as well...easy on me, Richard, I'm just a poor white boy.

That Cube of doom is just the cat's meow for someone like me.

~Rick~
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Uh Rick I Said Water Torture TANK mot Cell. but Richard Does Make Both.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Richard's "tank" is a great looking prop! Deadly and claustrophobic!! The price gives me a bit of sticker shock at first glance but then it is one quality product so well worth it. Another good link to some great props! Thanks!!

Frankly, I would not use the topographical cuffs (oval link chain cuffs). I would go with “regulation” looking cuffs and maybe an eyebolt in the bottom to be cuffed to.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
My mistake,sorry, Donny...after awhile...they all start to look alike !!

~Rick~
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Richard's Milk Can is a beautiful looking piece. How much does it differ from Tillfords model... To be honest I probably would never buy from Tillford but that is a completely different subject!
Bryan
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'll avoid the Tilfords Model. as it is not 100% Examinable. Don,
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
That answers my question... I would want it to be examinable... any other pros or cons?
Bryan
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Byran,

Don’t buy a milk can yet! Before you spend over a grand (USD) on a prop you might want to read my discussion of the milk can escape at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=18

It mentions some logistical considerations performing the bit.

I say start with an inexpensive, easy to build prop and see if you can really fit it into your act.
Mark Tripp
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Mark Tripp
Actually I used the magnets too.

When I first created it I wanted to make it a "no brainer" for anyone to build.

The context, that is often missed, is that here is something that you can walk away from, it totally a killer. Yet, nothing could be easier or safer.

I have a new version I created for steve which is one 55 drum, turned upside down and placed in an 85 drum filled with water.

Thanks Harry, to my knowledge, no one but you ever built one. I first spoke of it in a lecture in 1985.....

Mark Tripp
Mark Tripp
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Mark Tripp
PS:

If they ask about the biohazard sign....

...tell them that if you are in there more than three minutes, there will be one!
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
WAY to go Mark,I thought that was our secret! LOL

Just kidding gang,but listen to Mark,he has years of
experience he is willing to share with us all,and all
ready has if you look up some of his past posts.

I wish I had met him years ago,I'd still be doing my thing....
ESCAPEING....

SO LISTEN TO US ELDER STATSMAN,we really do know what we are talking about!!

ps... Love the boohazard remark,Mark...LOL

Steve
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Mark, it is difficult to understand why anyone wanting to perform an underwater escape would not build your creation. I would have bet money that several, if not dozens, of EA’s had built the thing!

I got the necessary materials over the course of one day’s running around and assembled the prop the next day (in accordance with your instructions)! The whole thing was a weekend project! Modifications did not occur until I had performed it a few times.

Frankly, your post was a “head slapper” for me! As soon as I read it I knew it was workable and doable! You gave away gold there man. It is strictly a no brainer in terms of construction and presentation. I have performed it at two different county fairs and several small town street festivals.

In fact the beast is sitting on a trailer in my driveway rightnow. I had a small town festival gig yesterday (Saturday). I was contracted to perform four sets over the course of the day. The early two sets were mainly rope and straightjacket work (100 foot of rope challenge tie). The third set (larger crowds) closed with Bakers’ Belt and for the final set I closed with the Tripp Drum (after dark under lights). I really sold the last two sets during the first two and during some street busking I did in the hours between sets. I had other performers/acts pump the danger during the day. I had a good crowd and got a good reaction/response.

The drum in a drum prop sounds exciting! Thanks for the biohazard tag line!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Second call for a milk can escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL