The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Doug Henning Memorabilia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicalDesignPro
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of MagicalDesignPro
I am an avid fan of Doug Henning and was wondering what memorabilia people have.

Anything rare? Anyone have any of the old stage props?

Thanks!
MagicalDesignPro
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Thanks! Off the top of your head, do you remember any of the other Henning props that have come your way?
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I saw Doug Henning do a stage show in Springfield, MA., when I was younger. I
still have the program from the show. (Not autographed.) I don't know if it is of any value. Is such a thing collectible?

-Timothy
-Magical Tim
Magical Tim's Magic Shows
[email]tim@magicaltim.com[/email]
"Magic is a vanishing art!"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7338 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have several photos taken during his show in Akron Ohio about 1976. I worked as newspaper photographer so they are high quality 11 x 14 photos. Someday, I may get book of all the photos put together. I also have a photo of Doug signing a photo of him (NBC NEWS photo) with Houdini poster behind. No doubt about this signature on that photo!!!
A very personable and genuine person.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I have his broadway programs and some letters for when dad was building the LBC for him [for his broadway show]. One which he never auctioned off when he retired. I wonder what he did with it. . .
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
MagicalDesignPro
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

What do you mean by LBC?

THANKS!
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
The other day I met a local magician who has the actual original hand drawn artwork for Doug's Spellbound show in Toronto at the Royal Alexandra Theatre. This was the show that became "The Magic Show" in NYC.

If you are interested in it I can ask him what he is selling it for. He also has a copy of the prospectus for this same show..it was sent out to get investors to back the program.

Again, let me know if you are interested in either and I can get some more details.

Mitch
Mitch Solway
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

LBC = Light Bulb Cabinet

www.mai-ling.net
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
I have a collection of 25 Henning posters
Including A 43 x 83 Merlin and a huge Magic show poster.

I have two props, catching basket and a monkey production from the 85 tour.

I have a rainbow dancers dress, as well as the program thru out the years and other Henning business promotion items.

I was at the warehouse as they were selling all the props.

Zigmont

I even have a flier from Spellbound in the early 70's
Zigmont
Magic F/X
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16926 Posts

Profile of joseph
Since Doug was from Canada, I was fortunate to tape a show in the early 80's off CBC tv, showing him practicing his show, and taking linking ring lessons from Dai Vernon! Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2042 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I have an autographed program and an autographed 8X10 photo, as well as a black and white poster promoting "Flaming Miracle" from an NBC special with guest stars Michael Landon, Joey Heatherton & Rick Jay..
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Harry Anderson has a poster of Doug Henning in his store bathroom! On the door to the bathroom is DER MANN IN DER KANN (poster of milkcan escape magician). How uncanny!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or BUST 2003!
Ken Trombly
View Profile
New user
USA
3 Posts

Profile of Ken Trombly
I have a Henning window card for sale if you are interested. Go to the Ephemera section of my website, http://www.magicposters.com
Ken Trombly, Washington, DC
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
I have one of the sub trunks he used when he toured with "The Magic Show," an original broadway poster from "The Magic Show," and a Coin Pail he acquired from Ross Bertram.
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
Hi Cardiniman,

Does the coin pail you have include the Ross Bertram palming coins on the sides of the pail? Morrisey made some of the prototypes of the Bertram Pail and they are very close duplicates of the actual Bertram Pail. One of the differences is the palming coin and the lion's head that the handles are attached to. Just curious.

Rudy
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Hey Rudy,

Nope, this one does not have the palming coin on it. However, Doug got this one directly from Ross. I also have the paperwork to back that up. So I'm happy. Also, I e-mailed you to send me your address so I can send you the dead presidents for that magic I wanted (bottles and Betram cups).
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2681 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I have the large program they used to sell at "The Magic Show," autographed on the first page: To Ed, Magically Doug Henning.

I was wondering if it would be worth anything to a collector. (If I get desperate enough that I need to sell it!) Smile Smile Smile

It's not "mint." There's some wear and a couple of the "costume" pages were colored in. But it is in pretty good shape!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Going through a box of papers and sorts, I came across the letter and contract agreement buying the custom built light bulb cabinet for the Broadway show. Really cool. It's in great condition.

www.mai-ling.net
thatmagicguy
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
35 Posts

Profile of thatmagicguy
I bought an autographed business card with Henning's sig on it at an auction a couple of years ago in Texas.

I need to get it reframed and off the construction paper it's glued to, but it's in good shape nonetheless.
I'm moving back to Vegas.....anyone there that can help me out in getting adjusted to the Sin City again!?!!?
johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
I have a few autographed 8 X 10's, postcard sent to me typed and personally signed inviting me to his upcoming show in Ann Arbor, MI. I also have a stage costume which was worn in Detroit when he and Debbie were the guest hosts of a local show Kelly and Company. They did an awesome show with guests Bob Lund and Karrell Fox. It is unbelievable how small this costume is! I remember him being a small guy but ***! I will have these on display at our shop in Colon when we open (we will be temporarily open during Magic Week in August, planning to open full time in spring 2011)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Doug Henning Memorabilia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL