The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Any good impromptu mentalism tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
I mean really impromptu. Divination, etc. Can't seem to find any mentalism effects that pack big in reactions. Most of the ones that I've found out there, get the "that's neat" reaction, but nothing more.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
You could always do the simple center tear. Impromptu-you only need a piece of paper and writing utensil.
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
I posted a trick on here that I did. It is mentalism.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Where's it posted?
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
What would you like to be able to do Ralpho ? I mean there are so many tricks that get great reactions , its hard to get where you are coming from. If there were the big trick you wanted what would it be like ? And who would you be doing it for ?
Which ones have you tried that get this luke warm response?
I love impromptu so maybe I can help.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Do a search on my name. I posted an entire impromptu mentalism act(15 minutes or more of mentalism)all done with borrowed objects an on the spur of the moment.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Here is the link to Harry's "Impromptu Mentalism Act".

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=3813361

Just copy and paste it into your browswer.

Thanks Harry...this looks like a whole lot of fun!!! Mark.
Hey Song
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Hey Song
Mine is on down on this board right under this post I believe, just search my name.
yahu
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
116 Posts

Profile of yahu
Just have them pick a color in their mind or a number or anything and predict it. No props, no work, nothing. Just shocking mentalism with absolutely no preperation.
I am away and will be so until late July. I will have a chance to read the forums, but I will be pressed for time, and unable to read every thread. If you feel a thread requires my attention, please PM me with a link. Thanks, and have a great summer. :
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Do a 10-20 force and tell them their number. Or make a prediction and do magicians chose using any thing around you or a number or a card ect.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I say "name a card."

They say "the Jack of Hearts."

"Wow, good job! That was the one I was thinking of" I say.

I can't help myself. It is stupid but always gets a better laugh than I had thought.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Positive Negative. Max Maven Videomind: Phase Two DVD
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Bill Goldman's Mental Yarn is impromptu, if you memorize the lists.

I often perform a prediction effect using equivoque to force one of four objects. David Eldridge has an excellent book and video on equivoque. I get great reactions to it!
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Magicmaven , that's funny , do you go on to proove it was if they challenge you or beg you ?
JT Kordesich
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh
118 Posts

Profile of JT Kordesich
I have a sealed envelope, which I hand to someone, have another person pick a card, which is lost in the deck. Taking the deck behind my back, I pull out a card and stick it to my forehead. It is the selection. Then I tell the spectator with the envelope to open it. Inside it says "Thank you for picking the {insert selection here}"
Illusion: Reality in the mind of the audience.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Psychokinetic time by banachek
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Also by Banachek (in Psychological Subtleties), try Number Reversal or Ring of Truth (also on Psi Series DVD #2).

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I have an impromptu nail bend routine that I kind of put together after getting some inspiration from the Banachek PSI series. I'm sure if you really think about it you can figure it out, but if you would like to learn my method, just PM me. I'd be more than happy to share. It is kind of gutsy, but after doing it several time for some co-workers, it plays really BIG.

:cheers:

Phil

I forgot to mention that if you have "The Book of Haunted Magick" by Rick Maue, try the effect called "Truth of the Relic". This one knocks em' out! No stooges or sleight of hand. Totally impromptu. This is quite similar to the "Ring of Truth" effect that Scott mentioned above. Good luck!

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
Bob Hummer's classic Mental Monte. Any three objects.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Derren Brown's "The Devil's Picturebook" has some mentalism effects that can be done without any props at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Any good impromptu mentalism tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL