The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Napkin Rose Gets em! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I'd just like to give Kudos to this effect. I started using it a week ago, and the "kiss-trick" (owners of the DVD will know what I'm talking about) absolutely turns them to putty in your hands! Any table-hopper who doesn’t know this effect is really depriving themselves of a useful maneuver!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Yes I agree ...lol and you can get them from http://www.magic-mirror.co.uk in the UK along with the perfect trick for introducing the napkin.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
And may I put in a plug for Steve Dela's wonderful trick, "Grab A Gift". It's a "win a free gift" kind of idea with a kicker where the winner gets a free napkin. Not to be disappointed, the napkin that is awarded is the rose you make for them. Very cool and very commercial. You can see/order the trick at http://www.magic-mirror.co.uk/grab_a_gift.htm I just used it for the first time at my restaurant last night and it went over great. And it is a good "tip getter", too. Smile

Thanks, Steve, for this wonderful trick.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
dvon
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dvon
What is the napkin rose effect?
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Napkin Rose is quite simply a method of creating a paper rose from a napkin - it is a truly lovely give away for the ladies. There are several effects you can do with it from producing a real rose to broken/restored. The great Simon Lovell suggests the making of the rose with well rehearsed patter is more effective than using it to produce magic as it is of itself a magical thing.

For the ultimate - red/green napkins have been produced to create the perfect rose - when used with some scent and/or a D’Lite it becomes even more beautiful - if a women is at the table and time allows it's a wonderful effect that will go down well if you like magic or not.

If you are young and single and want to impress the girls without looking like a geek - this is the effect to use, if you table-hop and want to offer a gift to a woman - this is the effect.

To summarize - this is one to add to your arsenal - you can learn it for free - or add some style and get the green/red napkins with a D’Lite and maybe the cards mentioned above to introduce it. (A D’Lite makes the red/bud glow.)
catch you later

Clarioneer
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Thanks for the kind words Scott,

I am glad you like it :@)

Just so you guys know, there are new napkin colours comming out. the red is re-placed by yellow or pink. they all look great!

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
StuBeck
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of StuBeck
All-
I just started using the Pink and Yellow Napkin roses at some weekend Mothers’ Day performances and they were just great! It opened up a host of new ideas and routines with the different colors, I was able to facilitate a color change, pink bubble gum was produced from the pink bud and later a PEEP from the yellow.
Get the DVD that came with the set is one of the most clear and easy to follow DVD's I own. Although I've been making Napkin Roses for almost 15 plus years now, I was surprised at how little I knew about twisting a rose without insulting your intelligence, and with such a fine product, Michael gets everyone on the same page.
I also found that the lighter colors, lighten the mood, when giving the roses away to children...Michael has a great piece of advice in his DVD where he suggests giving the rose to the children at the table which you're performing to then give to their mother. Makes the kids feel important, keeps the dad from thinking that you're hitting on the mother of their children...it's just an "AWWW" all around.
Order these! You'll get tons of mileage out of them. Mode is great do deal with, I think he's independent, so the response and promptness of orders are just great!

SB
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here's a rose for y'all.

@}--`--

Ain't I sweet?

I like this effect too.
Been using it since Simon Lovell taught it at the 2000
convention at the capital.

Or is it Capitol?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
What is the cheapest resource for learning the napkin rose. I've seen one on ebay from the UK. But I remember Docc Hilford had a video on how to make one a while ago. I would not use the colored paper because I want to use it as a climax from an impromptu bar napkin routine I got from an old issue of MUM. I don't want to pay $30.00. Any cheaper alternitives. How do the ladies react when presented with the rose?
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
StuBeck
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of StuBeck
They love it, a white napkin rose. They will throw away. It gets discolored, dirty from their fingers. The colored roses are more interesting, more unique and they will keep.

Thirty dollars? I think it's a steal, I took the suggestion of having my logo printed in the 'bud' it's great. I've spent more on magic crap that never gets used.

Why not do the white rose, and then do color change?

SB
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
The people who produced the red/green napkin rose (apologies for not remembering - do a search) have produced a DVD but also used to freely show a step by step method for it's creation on their web site.... similar but not quite the same as Lovell's...
catch you later

Clarioneer
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I sell the DVDs for $20. Who's charging $30?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 17:20, Clarioneer wrote:
The people who produced the red/green napkin rose (apologies for not remembering - do a search) have produced a DVD but also used to freely show a step by step method for it's creation on their web site, similar but not quite the same as Lovell's.

Here's a link to the free online instruction that I offer. http://napkinrose.com/learn.html

The basic napkin rose twist is only a small part of what's on the Napkin Rose DVD. To clear up a little of the confusion in this post. The DVD retails for $19.99 and includes 12 free red and green Napkin Rose Napkins. Refills are available.

I'm not trying to "sell" on the Café, but I did want to clear up the incorrect information about the prices of my products.

Thanks again for all of the interest in the products. The yellow and pink napkin roses were just released this month and the response to them has been great!

Michael Mode
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
I think about purchasing this because I have a gut feeling that this could be the opener I'm looking for in my table hopping set.
I'm just not sure on how to present it... For a first trick it can take a while before the magic happens... What do you think ?
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Depends on the routine you form round the rose.

I do a lot of weddings and had only considered doing 'The Rose' I can't believe these napkins have been around for so long. The rose will soon be part of my routine for my wedding gigs.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Last night I worked a banquet, and on the dessert table they had bar naps, and hershey kisses, so for my cut and restore volunteer I did the "rose and a kiss" trick, and every other woman in the house was jealous, what a devistating effect.
Thank you Michael Mode
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Mystery,

It has everything that strong magic needs, but you have to provide the presentation yourself.
Don't forget that it isn't about the trick... ever. It's about the performer. It's about you.
The napkin rose is a powerful tool. Just work out a worthy presentation, but then again, this goes for every effect.
Good luck,
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Find some tissue paper with designs and Christmas tissue paper also and create a "different an unique" look.
Magically,
Joseph
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Joseph
Cuting and folding tissue paper to pull out of your pocket at a walk around performance would take hours of prep time. The napkin rose bar naps cost $.16 each, I charge big bucks to make the rose for women at parties. The $.16 for each fit in your pocket, multi colored napkin is a small price to pay for a large pay check.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Napkin Rose Gets em! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL