The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Video Clips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
I was recently hired to do a show involving video along with our DMX lights and music. Our program allows us to sync everything together and I am "so-so" when if comes to editting video (and music) but my biggest problem is lack of video to work with. I am not too picky with what the video is of, what I am mainly looking for is just fun, bright, eye-catching visualizations (similar to what plays on your computer when you play music through Windows media player or something similar), also some video of rolling clouds, water, space, stuff like that. Does anyone know where to obtain this type of thing. Are there websites that have free (or cheap) video clips? Is there an inexpensive program that I could buy with a large selection. Please help me out here. Thanks
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
What do you plan to display the video on? Why not just use Windows Media player and choose a very colorful visualization? As far as getting the video to work and be in sync with everything else. I use Elation Compu Ware Pro. It has a timeline for the DMX and the audio and the video so they are all in perfect harmony. I plan to add projectors to my show soon and will be able to instantly add video to my act.

To find some video that you can use just search for "Open Source video" and "open source movies" in your favorite search engine. There are quite a few libraries out there. Just be sure you are not using something without proper permission.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
WINAMP.com, they are called Visualizations. They are also FREE.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Digital Juice has looping videos called Jumpbacks. They range from abstract, to things for weddings to techincal, sci-fi, fantasy, sureal, sportcast shows, you name it.
They are broadcast quality. We use several in our promo video as well as in our live show.

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pro......p;pvid=2

This one is all future tech...
http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pro......;pid=113

There are other companies that also make looping video segments, but Digital Juice is the best.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
We already have the ability to sync the video with our lights and music. It will be rear projected on a 12 foot diameter circle above the stage. We are also editting in movie clips and intros with words therefore it would be much easier to have all the video already editted instead of just openning Windowns Media Player and watching the visualization. Thanks Kevin for the Digital Juice info. That is what we are looking for. Any other suggestions are still welcome. Like I said we have very little money to work with so any free or cheap downloads are what we are looking for. Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Video Clips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL