The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Faceless filming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Soupdragon
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Soupdragon
In a bit of a fix here - I need to film some teenagers doing a magic show for a group of 6 year olds. Due to school regulations none of the audience can be identifiable , yet I want to capture the delight & awe on their faces. anyone know how to blur out faces or have general tips?
Thanks
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Forget it man, your'e in the bureaucratic sensless nightmare world that stops parents from filming there kids in a school christmas play, but allows some contracted in camera man to shoot the lot and then charge you for a copy!

Its child protection gone mad and it has no logic, you'r best of keeping well out of it!
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
Would it be possible to use edits, film the teenagers performing the tricks but use an audience outside of the school for reactions where you have consent forms signed
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Use the reaction audio with no video. Shoot it from the back. Best suggestion is tip one, forget the burocratic nightmare!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
It's bad enough when you need a release, but getting around school restrictions just makes it too difficult. If the group is large enough and you shoot an extreme wide shot, you can show the audience without the faces being "identifiable." Then, if your photographer/videographer is good with lighting, you can gather together a small group and shoot extreme close-ups and color match the shots. If the school would let you shoot pick-up footage at the location, this could be relatively painless.

Otherwise, offer to do a large birthday party in exchange for signed consent forms.

Good luck!
Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
You might try talking to a human being who still uses thier own mind to inquire if you might get around this rule as long as you announce that you are filming for your promo tape, etc. If you can find someone/anyone who still has some purogative in the institution you MIGHT work this out. Otherwise, I conceed you might just as well try for another oportunity or use the backs of heads, etc.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I did this. I had my little nieces and nephews come to a show and I chose them for the tricks I wanted to film. They had never seen these effects before and really fed off the others kids' reactions.
Alternately, you could use your friends' kids. Hope this helps.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Faceless filming (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL