The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Crystal Tube patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mengst
View Profile
New user
Northern CA
74 Posts

Profile of mengst
I'm trying to come up with patter for this. It's the one where 3 silks tie together. I'm trying to get some sort of storyline that's family oriented, but not necessarily a gospel message in itself. Anyone have experience with this that I could learn from? Thanks!

Mike Engstrom
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1952 Posts

Profile of tbaer
You may want to bring in something about the Trinity. Tell the audience God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are separate in their own way, yet are still one and the same.
cfleming
View Profile
New user
Chris Fleming Long Beach, Ca.
81 Posts

Profile of cfleming
Is this effect called blow-tube? if it is I use an adaptation of a Samuel Patrick Smith idea. I hand out each of the silks to three different children. I than ask each adult, one at a time which is their favorite color of the three, placing each silk in the tube as they are named. The last one gets a laugh as there is only one to choose from. I than have the entire audience look above their heads and grab the "Imaginary" string placed there before the show and reach up and grab the string and tie a knot in the string. Then I have them toss the knot at the tube saying the magic words. Then blow the silks from the tube. Then have the whole audience give themselves a big round of applause for doing the magic. Believe it or not, this plays really well for an audience of all adults, you can really get them playing along and going back to their childhood. I hope this helps.
--Chris
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
So glad you asked, this is one of my staples.

I use it to talk about the Church. People enter the church (worship) with all their differences, seperate. We're different colors (like the silks), have different backgrounds, etc etc etc.... But in church, we are bound together through Christ. The see-through nature of the tube is helpful, because the church is PUBLIC. We aren't a secret society. When we leave the confines of the church sanctuary or building, we are sent into the world connected to one another as the body of Christ.

Another bit of business in the presentation can work in certain settings: if you are part of a congregation where there are "pew huggers" - the older members who always sit in the same place - the first silk goes in the tube and goes from end to end - but then a newcomer makes them slide in - same on the other side.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I use this to illustrate the wisemen. I say they were on a journey and saw a star.(Look through the tube as if looking at the stars. Load the silks and explain they were on a quest. Blow the silks out and grab them and show them together.) They were three, or more, idividuals on a single quest and when they found the king, they bowwed down as one and honored him.

Rick
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
RevLoveJoy,

I really like your presentation. Very nice and apt!

John
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Sorry I don't know how that showed up twice.
Rick
majura
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of majura
I used this on Sunday and had a very similar presentation to revlov
I said--What do you notice about these silks
They answered different colours-- I said--isn't it interesting how we notice the differences rather than the similarities--eg they are the same shape ,colour,texture and material-- infact they are much more similar than different-- so we should stop picking on peoples differences and focus on what we have in common-in order to get together-just like these hankys.
I then used Doc Haleys "People we meet" trick to say that our best common feature-is Jesus-- not just the people in church-- but everyone is made in His image.
It went over very well-Praise God--hope this helps.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I lead people on evangelism + discipleship = new churches mission trips, partnering with believers in Ukraine, Venezuela and Uganda.

One silk represents the national christians, separated by distance and culture.

Another silk represents the American christians, again separated from their national partners by distance and culture.

The third silk can represent God, or on my cases, the interpreters who allow our teams to work as partners as they share the Gospel and begin the discipleship process with new believers.

When they come out of the tube, they are shown united (i.e., christians from different parts of the world, coming together to proclaim the Gospel and serve Him). No matter where we are from, we are united as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of thomasbmikkelsen
The Crystal Tube could also illustrate Romans 3:23: “There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ”.
Best wishes
Thomas B. Mikkelsen, Denmark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Crystal Tube patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL