The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Kristen's underwater photo shoot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Last night we did a photo shot of my wife Kristen Johnson. We are designing a new poster and needed some underwater photos for it as well as another piece.

We were in the pool around two hours...Kristen had on handcuffs, shackles and starting around her neck was lock and chains going down to her wrists. We were 12 feet down with me wearing full scuba gear as was the photographer.

Kristen would breathe off of my primary regulator while I was breathing from the alternate regulator. Once she was ready she took the regulator out of her mouth and the photo session began. She would go on average 45 seconds at a time before motioning for air. She then took air for a minute or so, then went to back to holding her breath for more pictures. She kept this up for 10-12 minutes. Then we would all surface and look at the pictures while still in the water. After looking at pictures and deciding what we liked and what we still wanted to do....we all went down again. We did this four times. The last time down she was all about getting as many shots as possible. We were down that last time just over 20 minutes.

She is a real trooper and did a fantastic job. She was underwater the entire time with no face mask or goggles as she hates that look. She also thought it would be worse going from mask to no mask over and over. I guess you could say the Lasik surgery paid off...LOL

I will post some pictures when I can. Even seeing what she does all the time, this still amazed me at how focused she was and how determined she was to do her best and get some great shots.

Just wanted to share a day in the life...LOL

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Heyyyyyy way to go kristen! I'll bet you got some cool shots!

Cindi
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
This is good work!

The escape artist business needs somr revitalization to show the public what we are all about...

You go girl!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
WOW!!! That's hard going. Looking forward to seeing the shots.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5331 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Looking forward to seeing the photos! Two hours chained and cuffed in a pool! Hey, I go all prune-y when I'm in the pool for just a few minutes!!! I'm sure that Kristen is going to look absolutely beautiful!!! I agree that the no goggle look is better! We can see more of her lovely face.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Having seen Kristen perform the WTC at the First EA convention in Indy, I know how good she looks underwater, and knowing how meticulous Kevin is and his attention to detail, not to mention his eye for beauty, I know these photos will look fantastic. But two hours in the pool! I'm with Mr. Murphy, I'm getting all pruny just thinking about it. You two are certainly a couple of troopers Kevin, and a credit to this art. I hope you can print up a few extra posters for the Escape community. I certainly would like one for my collection. Best regards to Kristen. See you both in California!
Best regards, Tony Parisi
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Can't wait to see the pics! Sounds like an exciting but challenging time for both of you.

If anyone is through the commonwealth of Pennsylvania and would like a similar photo shoot just holler! I've got scuba gear and camera ready to go. I may even be able to meet you somewhere if preferred.

Clyde
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
That is awesome guys! I can't wait to see the pics!

Allan
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
You guys should go on the amazing race.....
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
And win a million dollars

Good suggestion

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Excellent. I would love to see the pics. Nice going. I am also with Mr Parisi and Mr Murphy on this one. I hate the water and also go all pruny. If you do make a few extra sets for the EA Community. I would also like to have one please.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 19:12, Houdini man wrote:
And win a million dollars

Good suggestion

Perry

They would get more than a million dollars of television time. Their jobs make them interesting and the boost they would get from being on the show would be huge.

If they win, great, even if they don't doors will open for them....
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

Mark...you are so correct. The publicity will greatly outweigh any winnings if there were any.

We are headed out tonite for shows Conneticut...we'll be back Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Kevin & Kristen

P.S. Thanks to everyone for thier support...we greatly appreciate it and hope we are giving back as much as we take from the escape community.

Oh yeah...you all better be in California in October.
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Kevin, I'm curious about something. Would you be kind enough to tell me how you came up with the name "Living Illusions", please ?

~Rick~
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

Hey Rick..in answer to your question about Living Illusions....
When we decided to put together and produce a touring illusion show back in early 2000, we started working on a name. We did not want to be the Ridgeway family magic show...we wanted Kristen to be able to stand on her own, especially name wise, and the same for me, thus we needed a name...something we could brand. The show was originally called L.I.G.H.T. Living Illusions Giving Holy Testimony. Obviously you are aware that we do show with a Christian message, but far different than what most are doing.

Anyways, Living Illusions became the production company, however, Living Illusions took on a much bigger role..and the roles and names kinda got switched. So Living Illusions took over as the name of the show...and now we have a new produciton company.

that's the short story..sorry to bore ya to death with it...but you asked.

Hope things are well, talk to ya later.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
That is not boring. It is actually very interesting.
I always like to know what is in a name that an entertainer uses.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Kevin,

Thanks for sharing that, it was truly interesting! Can you share some about your new production company? What type of work are you doing, etc.?

Thanks!

Clyde
GUNNARSON
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of GUNNARSON
Kristen and Kevin Great job!!!

Your attention to detail and going the extra difference is what separates the ‘Men from the Boys’ in the escape business.

In Kristen’s case, I guess the ‘Women from the Boys‘.

I can’t wait to see your photo’s.

I look forward to working with you again at Cannon’s Escape Convention in Oct.
Dean
"Nothing Is Impossible, If You Truly Believe!"

www.alwaysescaping.com
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Thank you, Kevin. I just learned something new today.

~Rick~
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Way to go guys (no offence Kirsten).

Sounds great stuff to me.

With regards to Ricks question is there anyone else that has a story behind there name?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Kristen's underwater photo shoot (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL