The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Call Backs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic79
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Magic79
Anyone heard a great call back during a routine that was geared towards magic?
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
I did, however it was a wrong number.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
IN CASE SOME DO NOT KNOW WHAT A CALLBACK IS.....
FYI: A Callback, a.k.a "Running Joke", in terms of comedy, is a joke which refers to one previously told in the set. The second joke is often presented in a different context than the one which was used in the initial joke. Callbacks are usually used at or near the end of a set, as the aim is to create the biggest laugh at the end of a comic set. The main principle behind the callback is to make the audience feel a sense of familiarity with the subject matter, as well as with the comedian. It helps to create audience rapport. When the second joke is told, it induces a feeling similar to that of being told a personal or in joke.

***The word "Disappear" comes to mind. It Can be used during your routine and used when you exit. "Now for my last trick, I will disappear." Smile
I find that most callbacks happen naturally. For example, if you are following other performers and someone in the audience has been singled out(in a good way) such as having a birthday, anniversary, first date, there is always a callback waiting to happen. Pay attention to what is going on around you before the show and during the show before your performance. Example: The waitress dropping a drink, the kitchen running out of a special, a bachelorette party making their entrance, something the audience is aware of. They must be in on this. They must know about the topic of you callback.

I hope this helps, because callback are a real killer* in comedy

Good Luck!
*laugher/good joke
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Call Backs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL