The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Bauer's Private Studies #19 -- Kort's All-Outs Think of a Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's always good to get one of Ron Bauer's Private Studies in the mail. You never know exactly what you are going to get, but you know several things about it before you even crack the book.

1) Every move is going to be described meticulously.
2) Every word you utter will be there on paper.
3) The routine (or routines) will work.

The effect is very simple. The spectator looks at a group of cards which are fanned in front of him. He remembers one card, then the group of cards goes back into the deck, the cards are thoroughly mixed, and the magician then identifies the thought of card. The cards may be borrowed. It is sure-fire. And it is entertaining.

I could stop right there, and you wouldn't understand why you need this booklet.

Well, first of all, the title tells the story. It's about a multiple outs card revelation. But that still doesn't tell you why you need it. One reason is that if you aren't accustomed to working from a script, this routine will show you beyond a doubt what you have been missing. When you work from a script, you have things you did not have before.

First, you have the bare bones of the trick -- that's the moves and the sequence of events. Then you have the flesh and blood -- that's the script. The script helps you remember which of the bones is connected to the next one, as in hip bone connected to the thigh bone. In this case, the script helps you remember what you do next.

There is also a very high impact ending from David Regal, which I am going to see if I can track down so I can do this thing for my friends.

It's a great booklet -- 23 pages of text, 25 if you count the insides of the covers -- profusely illustrated by Sandra Kort, who is the daughter of the late Milt Kort, who, not coincidentally, used to fool the PANTS off of very knowledgeable magicians with this very routine.

You can get it from several different sources -- http://www.thinklikeaconjurer.com has them. And it's only $10.00.

Do yourself a favor. Get the book, but don't tell the other guys in the club.

Then practice it, and fool them at the next magic club meeting. You will be glad you did.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
More great stuff from rb.

Can't wait for "That's the Spirit". I have the original from "The New Tops". No script. It will be nice to finally have the script for this.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 23:45, Bill Palmer wrote:

There is also a very high impact ending from David Regal, which I am going to see if I can track down so I can do this thing for my friends.

Bill,

I'm a big fan of the Ron Bauer Private Study series.

You've got me curious. What do you mean by the above statement? Is the David Regal handling described in detail in the RB manuscript or is it merely referenced? Do you have to buy anythig additional (like a Daved Regal video or manuscript or book) in order to learn David's ending and apply it to RB's presentation/effect?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I Just got mine. Again it is excellent from every standpoint. It kills me to think there are magicians out there who do not have any of these. These are a necessary study tool if you are going to be a great magician. That is my humble and unsolicited opinion. Go out and get them you have paid more for complete big books, not nearly as valuable and you have never read. Buy these bauer booklets and read them one at a time. study them and understand what is being taught, you wont regret it.
cheers
Reed
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
819 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi Guys -

Ron surprised me (pleasantly) by recommending using my Disposable Deck with the trick! The current retail price for Disposable Deck is cheap ($20), and you get 100 of 'em. From me or a dealer. Fun fun fun.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of PapaG
What skill level do the Bauer booklets tend towrds?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Skill level, late beginner who wants to get better. Intermediate... Who wants to get better... Pro, who wants to get better. Just about anyone can get good ideas on actually PERFORMING effects from these booklets.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5401 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Just to jump on the bandwagon here I have to ditto what has been said above. All of the Bauer booklets are good (nah, they aren’t good, they’re great!). This little trick truly kicks butt! I got the booklet Monday, practiced and rehearsed all week and played the routine at a bar just last night table hopping. It played well.

Now I need to buy some of David Regal’s Vanishing deck’s to get the best of all endings for the special occasion. I doubt if I will use the vanishing deck table-hopping but there are times that just demand that extra kick.

This routine is more about psychology and subtlety than finger flinging. It is more than worth the mere $10.00 asked.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-05-05 19:56, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 23:45, Bill Palmer wrote:

Bill,

I'm a big fan of the Ron Bauer Private Study series.

You've got me curious. What do you mean by the above statement? Is the David Regal handling described in detail in the RB manuscript or is it merely referenced? Do you have to buy anythig additional (like a Daved Regal video or manuscript or book) in order to learn David's ending and apply it to RB's presentation/effect?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

It is described and referenced but the method is not tipped, because it is a dealer item. It is not expensive, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I'll be a "band-wagon jumper-onner," too! As with every single installment in this series, the booklet is a fully fleshed-out, professional ROUTINE, ready (once thoroughly learned) for performance in the real-world. It will get you wonderful reactions. The booklet contains all the necessary technique instructions, along with the "real work" for putting it across in the most powerful way. And I will personally guarantee you that, if you learn this and perform it as instructed, your audience will be astounded!

For ten bucks, you simply cannot go wrong. I have stated many times on these forums that I cherish my magic library. These little booklets rank among the "most-cherished" editions I own! Simply great material, expanded and expounded by a legend. Get them--get them NOW!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
card123
View Profile
Loyal user
Button moon
208 Posts

Profile of card123
Is it better than the dingle method.

If so why?
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Driven by the strong recommendation of Bill Palmer and other friends, I have already ordered "All Outs... booklet" and anxiously awaiting to receive it.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Holy moley.

All right. I came, I saw, I bought, I studied.

Let me just say this, *my wife* was floored. This is the infamous 'wife of a magician' test, where she has to put up with - er, see - every new trick that comes down the pike from me.

Highly, highly, highly recommended.
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Hey can anyone provide some background on Bauer? I'm just getting back into magic after a 25 year layoff and don't seem to remember hearing the name back then......Thanks.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
After reading through this pamphlet all I can say is "Very clever and deceptive." This is definitely something I will use from now on.

Best,
msc455magic
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Wow, with all these recommendations,this sounds like one not to miss! Count me in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Bauer's Private Studies #19 -- Kort's All-Outs Think of a Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL