The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
Hi everyone, I'm 43, and married and father of one, live in San Antonio TX. I started doing magic when I was a kid, it's in the family gene's. The late Dale Watson from Dale Watson's Workshop (dealer) was my Great Uncle who intro'd me into magic back in the 1960's. I was very active in Magic about 12-15 years ago, VP of our local ring 18 in SA back then. I'm just now getting back into it again as I do public speaking and found that some of my old magic act play's great and sets the stage for other more mundane information in my lectures on business.

I have always done mentalism and have always be fascinated with the spiritual side of magic. See ya in the trenches.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi Codex!

Welcome to the Magic Cafe!

Smile Smile Smile

Mya
:cuteangel:
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Hey Codex,
Welcome to The Magic Cafe! Looking forward to your posts!

Rod Lages Smile
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Codex.
When you say you have an interest in "the spiritual side of magic," how exactly do you mean that?
(Not that it matters; we have everything from bizarre to gospel here!)
Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5170 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome to the Café, Codex. There's always room for one more here. Looking forward to your posts.

Dave Smile
Where the magic begins
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Codex Smile Smile Smile
Grab a cup of strong Turkish coffee and feel at home please. If you want to share, here we are...Looking forward for your future posts.

Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
Quote:
On 2002-10-08 23:15, Peter Marucci wrote:
Welcome aboard, Codex.
When you say you have an interest in "the spiritual side of magic," how exactly do you mean that?
(Not that it matters; we have everything from bizarre to gospel here!)
Smile

In all ways generally. Using magic to teach life's lessons or success principals primarily. Not too much in religious ways execpt for the bizarre.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Welcome to the Café. I have often considered incorporating Magic into some of my lectures. I am a Fire Lieutenant and have to teach many subjects from building construction and collapses to Flashover and Fire Attack. Though I cannot think of an appropriate way to incorporate magic into the lectures. Many times we examine incidents that have resulted in great trajedy.
I also teach a Drug and Alcohol resistance program I designed called FADE - Firefighters and Drug resistance Education. This program is taught to the High Schools, Jr. High, and Middle School. Perhaps you could share some of your knowledge to help me incorporate Magic into these lectures. That way I can finish on a up note.

Thank-you,
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of saheer
It's great that you've "returned to the fold" as they say. Look forward to your posts on mentalism. This place is a goldmine of information and affable people.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
Quote:
Though I cannot think of an appropriate way to incorporate magic into the lectures. Many times we examine incidents that have resulted in great trajedy.
I also teach a Drug and Alcohol resistance program I designed called FADE - Firefighters and Drug resistance Education. This program is taught to the High Schools, Jr. High, and Middle School. Perhaps you could share some of your knowledge to help me incorporate Magic into these lectures. That way I can finish on a up note.

Thank-you,

The way I blend the magic into a lecture is to connect it to a "skill" I will teach on even if it isn't the main point of the lecture. I find by starting with an experiment (trick) , it grabs attention and then keeps it throughout the day. By throwing in 2 more without notice in the day, it keeps them more attentive.

I talk about "controlling" the real estate seller in a meeting to buy a home, then launch into equivoque with the prediction being the price I was willing to pay for a home. So it doesn't really look like a "magic trick" but rather the point of having "control" over the sales process. The object is to make them want to learn the skill of "control" not how I did the "experiment". Anyway, that's the way I use it. Hope this helps.

I can't help but think on a drug program, I would want to show an example of a person's ability to "make a right choice".
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Welcome to the Café.
There is always something new to learn here everyday. Do enjoy your stay.

A warm welcome from Singapore! Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I think you'll find our mentalism and food for thought forums especially to your liking. Welcome aboard!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I can see that you have a lot to offer us, it is great to have you with us. Smile

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL